Author Topic: New Years Eve Band  (Read 4130 times)

Ymir

• Desert Nomad
  • The Lizard of Oz
    • View Profile
    • Ymirisms
New Years Eve Band
« on: December 28, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »
I've posted this the last few years, but kinda like seeing what other people choose, so here goes.

For NYE you can assemble a band, made up of people from anywhere. Money's no object and they will check their egos at the door. so who will you assemble?

Mine:
Vocals - Marilyn Manson - saw him in Oz. Holy cow.
Lead guitar - Slash.
Rhythm guitar - Brian Young (AC/DC).
Bass guitar - Seal.
Drums - the drummer from Green Day.
Keyboards - Prince - for funk.

I can't iamgine these people getting on, but that's not the point.

Cheers
Never argue with an idiot - you might win.

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: New Years Eve Band
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »

Drums - the drummer from Green Day.

Tre Cool (or, Frank Dwight III if you so choose)

Vocals: Emily Whitehurst (The Action Design, ex-Tsunami Bomb, also keyboards), Danzig
Guitars: Jerry Chang (arranged Canon Rock), Matt Bellamy (Muse, also vocals), Mick Jones (ex-Clash), Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day... need those 4 power chord riffs, y'know. he can also fill in on some other instruments like saxes and mandolins)
Bass: Matt Freeman (Rancid)
Drums: Travis Barker
Bagpipes: Scruffy Wallace (Dropkick Murphys)
Fiddle: Bridget Reagen (Flogging Molly)

with a guest appearance by Strong Bad. you read that right.

also, mandatory covers include Still Alive, Charlene (I'm Right Behind You), and Never Gonna Give You Up.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 01:32:31 AM »
Vocals - Amy Lee (Evanescence)/Roger Waters (Pink Floyd)
Lead Guitar - Slash (GNR)
Bass - Geddy Lee (Rush)
Drums - Neil Peart (Rush)
Keyboard - Rick Wakeman (Yes)

Didn't include Alex Lifeson at Guitar only because I didn't want all of Rush in the band for diversity's sake. Waters/Lee might be a strange looking combo but I wanted Lee for her voice and Waters for his song writing skills.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 08:22:34 PM »
Vocals - Mick Jagger for attitude, Frank Sinatra for credibility, Janis for the girl stuff. Ok, two of them are dead... big deal.
Guitars (2) - Neil Young (can sing some, too), Jimmy Page
Bass - Geddy Lee (ok, we'll let him sing a little too)
Keyboards - Stevie Wonder (ditto on the vocal thing)
Drums - Neil Peart

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 08:23:01 PM »
Vocals - Amy Lee (Evanescence)/Roger Waters (Pink Floyd)
Lead Guitar - Slash (GNR)
Bass - Geddy Lee (Rush)
Drums - Neil Peart (Rush)
Keyboard - Rick Wakeman (Yes)

Didn't include Alex Lifeson at Guitar only because I didn't want all of Rush in the band for diversity's sake. Waters/Lee might be a strange looking combo but I wanted Lee for her voice and Waters for his song writing skills.

????

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 08:40:29 PM »
????

Is there something wrong with her voice that I don't know about? Did she have a Kanye West moment on SNL or something?  :inquisitive:

All I can say is that I love her voice on their albums and all of the other female singers I like don't really fit the rest of that band I picked. For instance, I like Sarah Mclachlan and Annie Lennox quite a bit but I don't see them in a hard rock band.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 08:42:39 PM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 12:03:15 AM »
????

Is there something wrong with her voice that I don't know about? Did she have a Kanye West moment on SNL or something?  :inquisitive:

All I can say is that I love her voice on their albums and all of the other female singers I like don't really fit the rest of that band I picked. For instance, I like Sarah Mclachlan and Annie Lennox quite a bit but I don't see them in a hard rock band.

sorry - my mistake - I took the Lee as Geddy Lee. I know he sounds like a girl and all, but... :) 

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 01:14:43 AM »
????

sorry - my mistake - I took the Lee as Geddy Lee. I know he sounds like a girl and all, but... :) 

hehe well your objection makes more sense now.   ;)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 01:58:11 AM »
????

hehe well your objection makes more sense now.   ;)

I had to do a double take at your list as well when I saw the Lee thing. So Owl wasn't alone.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 10:36:26 AM »
Amy Lee gets plucky doing her cover of Sally's Song for the new Nightmare Before Christmas movie.

Awesome  8)

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 12:28:21 AM »
Amy Lee gets plucky doing her cover of Sally's Song for the new Nightmare Before Christmas movie.

Awesome  8)

<3 her voice. It's sooooo beautiful!

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.