Author Topic: Sad news: Steven 'Darkfox' Lomax  (Read 41633 times)

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: Sad news: Steven 'Darkfox' Lomax
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 03:34:15 AM »
Actually, thats sounds like a bloody good idea.
When I get home from work, I'm gonna have a quadruple shot of the good stuff in his honour.
And then another for me. I'm sure he'd be pleased :P
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 03:59:39 AM »
I was gutted to hear the news today (and thank you Petrarch for calling me to let me know) I remember talking to Steve on the phone and not being able to stop giggling at his accent and non-stop joking around. I passed the news on to the guys he used to hang out with in irc and they remembered him fondly too. He was a really happy person and it's kind of comforting to think he was allowed to just slip away quietly and not in pain.

Pass on my best wishes to his sister Turjan, it might be nice, since she wanted us to be told, if she got a copy of this thread at some point, so she can see how many people all over the place that rated him so highly.

Rayne

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 04:09:37 AM »
Hello all,

This is Steven's youngest sister Sarah. I planned to write a whole lot to explain how grateful I am and the family are for your kind words/sentiments - (not witty though, that was Steven's thing) - But I am very grateful... these past 10 days have been quite frankely the toughest of my life - I am happy to say I have had a strong bond with Steven all of my life and I know how much the Unwashed Village meant to him (and the villagers in it, of course) I kept Turjan updated with any news possible the entire time to keep you all updated. Steven is my best friend aswell as my older brother and he will be extremely missed by everyone and anyone who knew him. I'll cut this short as we all know what Steven is like - he would tell me off for being all emotional...

Anyway, I am truely grateful that Steven had a bunch of friends as honest and caring as you all have been throughout his time in this world

Thank you all,

Sarah-Ellen & Family

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 06:29:58 AM »
He'll always be remembered and definatly missed. Im only greatful that I was able to know him as I have.

*salute*

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 06:38:50 AM »

Thank you all,

Sarah-Ellen & Family

Thank you for letting us know. Maybe later on afterwards you could share some of your favorite Steven stories with us? Whenever it feels right to do so.

Hugs,

Jen
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 07:17:14 AM »

Thank you all,[/color]

Sarah-Ellen & Family

Thank you for coming here to share this with us. Though you don't need to be told, as you certainly know it, I know that Steven loved you very much. It was one of the things that really stood out with him, when he talked about the ladies in his family his heart was out on his sleeve, and he was not shy about that at all.

He was a man who respected all the people in his life, and loved with all his heart.

He was a rare man, that Steven.

I was lucky to have known him.
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Ban

• Tangerine Target
  • communications: aural literal visual & tactile
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 08:44:20 AM »
Well, I was planning on lurking for a while, but being confronted with this...

My respects, Mr Fox. I know you have your wings now.
I got chocolate bubblegum!

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 10:26:55 AM »
theres no much left to say cept its definitely a sad day in the village
Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

ShadyGuy

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »
I was very sad to hear about what happened to Steve today. It's like Doombot says, he was part of the unwashed village and he will be missed dearly. I know he changed nicknames a couple of times over, but for me he'll always be the cheeky Darkfox we knew and loved. I'll definitely have a drink to him tonight. Farewell Steve.

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 07:36:58 PM »
Terrible news :(

My heart goes out to his family and friends. His absence will be missed.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 08:31:21 PM »
i dont know what i can say here. especially what can be said that hasnt already been said.

i spent half of classes today trying not to cry. and in one i spent most of it writing, channeling my tears into words. and i still cant think of anything to say that isnt a direct letter to DF. i'm fighting tears right now and still cant think of anything to say.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

dark foxs dad

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 12:52:59 AM »
Hello, this is my first and only post on here.
It's just to thank you all for your kind words and sentiments. Steven was the bravest man I'v ever known even in pain he still had the daftest quirkiest sense of humour I'v ever known.
His grandma Jean who Steven lived with has read your comments and was moved to tears, she thanks you all.
Once again thanks.

Steven (owner of the fox hat) R.I.P. Till we meet again.
Dad.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 01:09:43 AM »
Hello, this is my first and only post on here.
It's just to thank you all for your kind words and sentiments. Steven was the bravest man I'v ever known even in pain he still had the daftest quirkiest sense of humour I'v ever known.
His grandma Jean who Steven lived with has read your comments and was moved to tears, she thanks you all.
Once again thanks.

Steven (owner of the fox hat) R.I.P. Till we meet again.
Dad.

Thanks for Steven.

*Hugs*
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 02:25:28 AM »
Steven was incredible. He was so full of zest and no matter how poorly he was feeling, he never complained. I will always remember our chats from the village and irc with great fondness. I will miss him terribly. This was indeed, very sad news.
My deepest sypathies to the Lomax family. Thank you for letting him spend so much time with us. He was adored by all of us.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Bubonic

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Trying not to feed the Yao Guai
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 07:20:02 AM »
It is with water-filled eyes that I sit here, trying to think of an endearing or poignant anecdote about Steve.  Like others who have posted here, I didn't get to know Darkfox as well as I could have.  It may just be a byproduct of the village growing so large, and me being so long absent, but I feel a stronger "connection" with or recognition of some villagers more than others.  Regretably, Fox was not someone whom I knew a great deal about.

And so it is with the utmost respect and a not insignificant measure of regret that I salute a fellow Villager.  May your journey continue according to your beliefs.

You know what Freud says : You gotta think twice before you penis.
--Solwyn

Blue Elf shot the potion!
--Gauntlet

The UV Bungie Cord is strong.
--Doombot