Author Topic: Sad news: Steven 'Darkfox' Lomax  (Read 41149 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: Sad news: Steven 'Darkfox' Lomax
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2008, 04:03:32 AM »
Fruit blended drinks with curvy straws, colored sugar around the rim and a flower and umbrella for decoration for me!

Best if served in a hollowed out pineapple.

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2008, 04:06:00 AM »
You like fruity things?  How about Bijou?  If it's done in the traditional style, it's fruity and quite nice with the 3 colors.  Jack Rose is also quite fruity and pretty in the right light.  If you can find someone to make it, that is.

Black Velvet is nice for Guinness lovers. 

As for me, it depends on my mood, Rum and coke, Daiquiri (Hemingway style), Ardbeg can be nice from time to time if you can get it, and a bull shot for those bone chilling wet nights. 

Most bartenders these days have no patience for the older drinks any more. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 04:10:19 AM by Starseeker »
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2008, 04:32:00 AM »
As far as beers go, I've always favored the blondes.  Corona, La Tortuga, Blue Moon and my personal favorite, Pyramid Hefeweizen.  If it's not like eating an entire loaf of Wonder Bread every time you drink one, then it's not in my fridge.

When it comes to liquor, I have two seperate palletes; one when I'm in public and people are challenging my manhood, and the one that actually reflects my personal tastes.  In public I will drink anything that is passed in front of me, even if it tastes like petrol and acetone mixed together.  Basically, this means countless variations of all the three wise men and their crazy cousin Jose.

I'm not a big fan of the fruity liquors.  They make my teeth feel scummy and they really don't compliment the taste of the liquor in my opinion.  Once in a while I'll have a Mike's or something, but anything with umbrellas in it and served in a fishbowl with a crazy straw better come late in the evening when I'm not able to taste or see what I'm being given.  Of course, now that I'm out of college and try to lead a wholesome life, that doesn't happen too much.

When it comes to what you'll find in Loveshack's liquor cabinet, it's basically a liquer cabinet. 

Dissaronno
Frangelico
Ameretto
A bottle of one of the wise men in case I need to "punch up" one of the above.
Around the holidays there's a bottle or two of eggnog liquer.
A bottle of gin (usually Beefeater's or Bombay Sapphire) because the G & T is a great lazy afternoon drink that's more refreshing than intoxicating and you can generally drink one on your balcony in the morning without your neighbors thinking you are Robert Evans.

But my all-time favorite drink has to be Bailey's Irish Cream or one of it's inferior knockoff brethren like St. Brendan's if I'm feeling especially cheap.  That, over ice, in a schooner is the greatest drink ever IMHO.

The only reason you wander into dangerous territory with these is that none of them taste like booze; and indeed they all have a fairly low alcohol content, unless you wind up going through a whole bottle in a single evening because it didn't taste like booze and you were sitting in front of the TV the whole time and not noticing how much your fine motor skills were deteriorating.  I'm not a doctor, but I'm fairly certain that none of these are intended to be consumed "by-the-jug".
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Rayne

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2009, 03:24:17 AM »
In Rememberance To A Noisy/Perverted/Yet..Lovable Fox

It's been 2 years now since my brother Steven has died. I now have a son, Lucas-Steven 6 months old and the most upsetting part about it is he never knew him like we ALL did.

Sorry that this topic hasn't been posted on much in awhile but somehow I find it a huge comfort sneaking on here and babbling on like there's no tomorrow... (Atleast it's not as noisy as clanging trash cans about).

However, it's nice to see that this post still exists and that on occassion he's still posted about in other posts. You never know in 20-summit years you'll all probably be having his nephew rabble on about the same random, yet commical querks he used to write, and awesome short stories I still read.

To be honest, this was the one place he always wound up online :)

Thanks for letting me rant :)

R.I.P Steven "Darkfox" Lomax -- we miss you!!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2009, 05:35:59 AM »
In Rememberance To A Noisy/Perverted/Yet..Lovable Fox

It's been 2 years now since my brother Steven has died. I now have a son, Lucas-Steven 6 months old and the most upsetting part about it is he never knew him like we ALL did.

Sorry that this topic hasn't been posted on much in awhile but somehow I find it a huge comfort sneaking on here and babbling on like there's no tomorrow... (Atleast it's not as noisy as clanging trash cans about).

However, it's nice to see that this post still exists and that on occassion he's still posted about in other posts. You never know in 20-summit years you'll all probably be having his nephew rabble on about the same random, yet commical querks he used to write, and awesome short stories I still read.

To be honest, this was the one place he always wound up online :)

Thanks for letting me rant :)

R.I.P Steven "Darkfox" Lomax -- we miss you!!

Thanks for the update. It made me smile. Glad to know his name is living on though your son. =)
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2009, 03:28:46 AM »
Thanks for the update and he is still sorely missed.

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2009, 10:34:02 PM »
Has it really already been that long? It really seems like not that long ago that we were "exposed" to his particular brand of humor. Rest well, Steven. You are indeed still missed.

Laughinman

• Tangerine Target
  • Stupid, but still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2009, 04:57:28 PM »
Sad news indeed.
A witty reply proves nothing.
      - Voltaire

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »
I'm at a loss for words,
The Furrys of the world have lost a shining star.

RIP DarkFox/Steve

We will keep a candle burning on the alter for you and yours.
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...