Author Topic: My first F03 screenshot  (Read 36524 times)

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: My first F03 screenshot
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 07:30:18 PM »
Played for a couple hours last night. Love it. I'm running around the vault trying to activate those red glowy computer terminals the same as in Fallout 1 and 2. VATS is excellent. Third-person perspective seems a little wonky indoors, and graphics on my PC aren't exactly eyepopping but its fluid and purty. Some of the dialouge is appropriately lol-worthy.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »
Maybe we should start a *spoilers* thread just to tell funny and/or cool things we've found?
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »
Maybe we should start a *spoilers* thread just to tell funny and/or cool things we've found?

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe you do it!

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 08:12:14 PM »
I found a couple of pool cues in a mailbox.

I was like, what?
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 08:17:06 PM »
I found a couple of pool cues in a mailbox.

I was like, what?

I found a frag grenade!
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 08:58:54 PM »
Gah. So tempting... but then again I'm afraid my computer wont run it as smoothly as I want.
So, I'm willing to wait a couple of months before I get this game. Good things take time, ya know. >.>

Also, its not out yet. We're getting it on friday :T
I may change my mind before then... but we'll see how money pans out this week.
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2008, 09:02:52 PM »
I did have Buyer's Remorse and attempted to cancel my Amazon order for the Survivor Edition.

They said it was already in the box and ready for shipping. I suppose I could just return it after.

I was semi ok with the price for the PipBoy but I'm hearing it feels like a cheap plastic piece of junk. At that quality, I'll just buy some Fallout items to make my computer corner all Fallout-y instead.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 09:13:40 PM »

Normally if I have a choice with FPS I always go for the PC version because there's no way a handheld controller can ever compete with the free'n'easy movement afforded by a mouse, simple as that.

I used to think this also, but I have found that, after getting used to it, I actually prefer the controller. And not that either version is "real", using the controller does mimic using a gun better (as compared to a keyboard) - to me, it definitely adds to immersion. 

Yeah, but ever play Max Payne on the PS2?

That was the worst aiming setup ever. Great game, great writing, lousy interface.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Silver Dragon

• Desert Nomad
  • Go rub two monkeys together and see what happens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2008, 09:23:49 PM »
I usually always buy the x-box version of a game myself. I will buy the PC version of FO3 if mods surface, however.

Judging from the PC version having a "Data Files" option in the start up menu where you can select .esm files like Oblivion did, I'd guess a toolset isn't too far off down the line  :D
LISTER: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast.  In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. NO TOAST.
TOASTER: How 'bout a muffin?
LISTER: OR muffins!  OR muffins!  We don't LIKE muffins 'round here!  We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and DEFINITELY no smegging flapjacks!
TOASTER: Aah, so you're a waffle man!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2008, 10:45:50 PM »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2008, 10:47:23 PM »
I found a frag grenade!

Frag Grenade + Robot =

Car go boom

I was going to use it on the ants since they looked so creepy. Wet looky ants are gross!

What next? Radapedes?  :-X

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2008, 10:51:39 PM »
I found a frag grenade!

Frag Grenade + Robot =

Car go boom

I was going to use it on the ants since they looked so creepy. Wet looky ants are gross!

What next? Radapedes?  :-X

Haven't seen an ant yet but those little bees are annoying.  :P

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2008, 04:52:21 AM »
i think i have a permanent smile grafted onto my face, for i just received the most beautiful email ever:

Greetings from Amazon.ca!

We thought you'd like to know we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order.

*snip*

1     Fallout 3 Collector's Edition  CDN$  74.99

;D

as a side note, i ordered the 360 version for a few reasons:

- no installing
- achievements! granted, the PC version might have those too since that has been the trend recently.
- if i am rendering something in 3DS Max that takes a long time, i can jump onto the X-Box and not have to worry about being bored out of my mind.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2008, 10:41:01 AM »
Minigun to the groin!

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2008, 01:25:51 PM »
I'm at work and not going straight home today, but the collectors version arrived, as did the power armour figure. I'll get a pic of it later. Can't join in on the screenshots though unless I start taking pictures of the TV. Which I might do once or twice just for the hell of it.

And C&C: Red Alert 3 arrived too.