Author Topic: My first F03 screenshot  (Read 36562 times)

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
My first F03 screenshot
« on: October 28, 2008, 11:52:23 PM »
... courtesy of the installer auto-detecting my rig's abilities.

This might not look that exciting to other people, but I have never had a top-of-the-line gaming rig before.  Glee!
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Pipboy 2000

• Administrator of Things/Thongs
  • Administrator
  • Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: My first F03 screenshot
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »
My collectors edition SAID pre-order ships on the 7th... but I Got the shipping email today =(

I am disappointed thus far. lol
Pipboy2000
Postmaster General, Unwashed Civil Defense Force

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 12:32:51 AM »
My collectors edition ships tomorrow, so I should be good to go by Thursday. I've also managed to get my hands on the power armour figure, which should arrive the same day.

360 version so I can play it on the HDTV - I canned the PC order for now, I'll maybe pick it up later on if the toolset appears down the line.

Crazy amount of games lately - my premier edition of Red Alert 3 ships tomorrow as well. But Fallout 3 first.

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:34:26 AM »
Amazon cancelled my pre-order for Ce. Managed to find a Danish site with a few left and pre-ordered, it was sent today, and it doesn't officially come out until friday <3

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 01:09:39 AM »
happy for ya, best screen shot I have seen so far.  :)
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 01:18:38 AM »
i was almost scared for mine because my credit card was compromised... but it was approved before my card canceled so i am in the clear (funny because i was going to cancel it tomorrow and pick it up at the nearby EB, which supposedly had quite a few Collector's Editions).

also, my friend bought his today and will probably be telling me all about it tomorrow, haha.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:22:57 AM by inso »

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 01:19:10 AM »
I got the CE (for the 360), and will be playing shortly. Will skip the PC version unless, like Petrarch said, a toolset comes out.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 01:21:37 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the Collectors edition for the PC today. I will be enjoying this but first I'm taking a shower so I can get ready to enjoy this.

Then I have some work to do but then more Fallout.

So if anyone was really sad that I couldn't play because Amazon cancelled my Survivors edition and then delayed my order... don't worry!

I will be enjoying Fallout in 10 minutes so you can rest easy.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 01:33:53 AM »
I went ahead and took the plunge as well. I was in a building shooting and stabbing people when I decided to take a break.  :P
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 01:37:46 AM »
I went ahead and took the plunge as well. I was in a building shooting and stabbing people when I decided to take a break.  :P

To go buy Fallout 3?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 01:44:10 AM »

To go buy Fallout 3?

Yes I was desperately clinging to my Bible and gun at the time.  ;)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 01:55:32 AM »
I got the CE (for the 360), and will be playing shortly. Will skip the PC version unless, like Petrarch said, a toolset comes out.

Dude, they're definitely going to release a toolset.  The only reason they didn't release one with the game is that Oblivion got fucking re-rated by the ESRB because of a user-created mod or whatever the hell happened.  As soon as it's been on the shelves for a month or two and the rating is set in stone, there's no fucking way they won't release the mod tools.  Frankly, with the insane shit that the ESRB is pulling lately, delaying the mod kit release only makes sense.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 02:10:20 AM »
I fucking hate you Than. So fucking much.

I picked up my copy this morning and it autodetected it at low quality. Currently counting down the hours at work until I can get home and playyyy. General feedback I'm seeing on messageboards is positive so far.

Owl, all things being equal, why get the 360 version over the PC version?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 03:42:16 AM »
Ahh...

*satisfied purr*

I just finished playing a bit... at ULTRA settings. One step above High. =)

I love the VATS!

The game is awesome! =)

Here's some photos

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 03:44:58 AM »
And some more...

First the best top in the universe. (Thanks Loveshack!)

And now some pictures of flowers in the best bowls in the universe. (Thanks Dwarfy!)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:48:47 AM by Doombot »