Author Topic: So apparently that whole no guns thing in England isn't turning out so well  (Read 17297 times)

Blackhat

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
Re: So apparently that whole no guns thing in England isn't turning out so well
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 07:40:43 AM »
This is always a touchy subject.  I've come to the conclusion that a person's decision on this subject are inherent to the individual and based on their environment.  I simply cannot understand those who wish to ban citizens from arming themselves legally. 

I live in a state where more people have CCW (concealed carry permits) then any other state aside from Texas and Pennsylvania.  I feel completely safe based on that figure alone.  If I am not armed at the time, chances are good someone else is. 

We can't expect police to be everywhere at once. 
Even when they are there, whose to say they are superheros? 
Here's a link to a quicktime audio clip describing an armed citizen aiding a fallen officer who was gunned down during a traffic stop. 
http://www.legallyarmed.com/AssistingAnOfficer%20mix1.mp3
Everyone else just drove by or dialed 911...

I'm not selfish enough to only carry for my own protection, I feel like it's my right and responsibility to defend my countrymen from criminals.
Google it, there's literally 10s of thousands of stories regarding armed citizen arrests and crime prevention.

You just only hear the bad stories on T.V.

"Tar agus tóg íad"

;D ;D ;D

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" (Patrick Henry, 3 J. Elliot, Debates in the Several State Conventions 45, 2d ed. Philadelphia, 1836)

I do value a person's choice to NOT own a firearm,  but disagree with dismembering a valuable fundamental exercise of rights which has been instilled in American citizens since our insurrection from the tyranny which birthed us as a nation.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:51:26 AM by Blackhat »
./blackhat