Author Topic: Few gaming bits, including the Star Trek Online trailer  (Read 1907 times)

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
Few gaming bits, including the Star Trek Online trailer
« on: August 13, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »
It was released last week at a Las Vegas webcast, and so here it is.

Looks pretty good and sounds the part, but I think they missed a trick by not having one of the cast members do the voice over. According to the website the game is set in 2409, 30 years after the events of Nemesis. Remains to be seen if any of it will be considered canon mind since Paramount are quite adament only what's seen on screen is canon.

And on notes for others:

Too Human is released this month. Bit of an akward control scheme until you get used to it and the camera is a mite iffy, but well worth a look. For those not familiar with it, it's sci-fi themed and makes heavy use of Norse mythology. In may ways it reminds me a bit of Diablo 2 due to the style of play.

Anyone waiting for Fable 2, the Fable 2 Pub games were released on Live today. If you're so inclined these allow you to earn gold and a few bonus items ahead of time.

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
Re: Few gaming bits, including the Star Trek Online trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:09:19 PM »

Anyone waiting for Fable 2, the Fable 2 Pub games were released on Live today. If you're so inclined these allow you to earn gold and a few bonus items ahead of time.

DAMMIT!

I'm out of money until Friday.

This saddens me.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: Few gaming bits, including the Star Trek Online trailer
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »
Looks decent.
Pity the work computer doesnt like the codec >.<
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.