Author Topic: an internet miniseries event!  (Read 6346 times)

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
an internet miniseries event!
« on: July 18, 2008, 11:14:38 PM »
super heroes, singing, oddness abounds. What more could a person want?

:D

http://www.drhorrible.com/index.html

A LETTER FROM JOSS WHEDON

Dear Friends,

At last the time has come to reveal to you our Master Plan. BEWARE! Those with weak hearts should log off lest they be terrified by the twisted genius of our schemes! Also pregnant women and the elderly should consider reading only certain sentences. Do not mix with other blogs. Do not operate heavy machinery while reading this blog. You must be this tall to read. ‘Kay?

It is time for us to change the face of Show Business as we know it. You know the old adage, “It’s Show Business – not Show Friends”? Well now it’s Show Friends. We did that. To Show Business. To show Show Business we mean business. (Also, there are now other businesses like it.)

ONE WEEK ONLY! AN INTERNET MINISERIES EVENT!
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Max Stone

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
Re: an internet miniseries event!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 06:11:22 PM »
I just watched Act III and it made me incredibly happy. The whole Dr. Horrible thing turned out way better than I expected it to and I'm kind of sad that there's not going to be more.

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 07:21:31 PM »
Really? I didn't care for act III as much, not because of the ending, but because it felt rushed compared to the first 2 acts.   The songs where not as good either. Ya know, in my opinion.

Hmm  - still, all in all I enjoyed it a lot and the ending DID make me want more. Maybe that was the intent. :D
~KGF

Max Stone

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 02:58:16 AM »
Really? I didn't care for act III as much, not because of the ending, but because it felt rushed compared to the first 2 acts.   The songs where not as good either. Ya know, in my opinion.

Hmm  - still, all in all I enjoyed it a lot and the ending DID make me want more. Maybe that was the intent. :D

The first song is definitely my favorite and yeah, act III was certainly the weakest but that in no way speaks for the acts as a whole.

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »
I did get a chance to watch all 3 in a row, a few times - and I must say that after the initial sad shock, I rather enjoyed the ending a lot. *nods*  Good stuff.
~KGF

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 10:13:57 PM »
I got the DVD from Amazon and it's AWESOME. =) I hear there's still extras I haven't seen yet.

I've been listening to the songs from youtube for several days already.

This would be good educations viewing for Loveshack.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 05:19:38 AM »
I did not get this yet!

I do have the show on my ipod as well as the sound track -  I am a horrible mother, and make my gals sing it with me in the car during any moment I can! :D

~KGF

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 08:30:36 PM »
I did not get this yet!

I do have the show on my ipod as well as the sound track -  I am a horrible mother, and make my gals sing it with me in the car during any moment I can! :D

It IS a awesome soundtrack. =)

OH... it may be even MORE depressing (the story).

SPOILERS

There's a theory that Billy Buddy DIED after the ray gun went off in Captain Hammer's hands.

From what we see, a explosion happens powerful enough to hurt Captain Hammer but Billy who's one foot away isn't harmed. Yet, Penny from across the room died but nobody else.

Billy Buddy's in his own version of hell. He got what he mostly wanted but with a twist. He's in the League but no girl to share it with. He didn't get into the League with his own talent. It was just a fluke and he's taking credit for it. Captain Hammer isn't with "his" love anymore because she's dead. Captain Hammer's been embarrassed (and somewhat defeated) and Dr. Horrible's popular... but he's not happy.

Just a theory but a very depressing one.  :bigcry:
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Bubonic

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Trying not to feed the Yao Guai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 01:56:06 AM »
Not happy Jan!

It won't let me watch it because I don't live in the US. Of all the stupid-arse racist, imbecilic idiocy...

Now I have to try and track down the torrent.  Bloody nuisance.
You know what Freud says : You gotta think twice before you penis.
--Solwyn

Blue Elf shot the potion!
--Gauntlet

The UV Bungie Cord is strong.
--Doombot

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 07:58:27 PM »
Not happy Jan!

It won't let me watch it because I don't live in the US. Of all the stupid-arse racist, imbecilic idiocy...

Now I have to try and track down the torrent.  Bloody nuisance.

Who's Jan?

I think you can watch it on Hulu... unless it blocks Aussie visitors.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 08:22:21 PM »
Who's Jan?

I dunno who he meant either, Duumbot.   ;)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 08:26:05 PM »

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 08:30:27 PM »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »
Wombat?
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »