Author Topic: Love Stinks Part II: The New Beginning  (Read 59029 times)

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
Re: Love Stinks Part II: The New Beginning
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »
I met a girl yesterday.  She doesn't know it yet, but she's mine.  I god damn love this part of the game!
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2009, 08:24:36 PM »
DID YOU JUST ZING ME!?!?!?!

i will stand by the previous comment that you men can't live without women. i mean, that is what you said, right xerxes?

Baybeh, I'd zing you anytime ;D

But yes, Brugdor was right :P
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2009, 08:42:37 PM »
But yes, Brugdor was right :P

Proving that there is indeed a first time for everything.  :dizzy:
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2009, 04:51:56 AM »
Aaaaand now I've got a date on thursday.  Everyone who thinks love stinks is crazy.  I love them bitches!
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2009, 05:17:58 AM »
Aaaaand now I've got a date on thursday.  Everyone who thinks love stinks is crazy.  I love them bitches!

*laughs*

I gotta say, it's stories like yours that make a gal smile. *nods* Good work Than. :D
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2009, 10:19:55 PM »

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think most women don't like to be called bitches unless you say it sweetly! "I love you, bitch."  "You're so good to me, bitch."  "You better not be running around on me, bitch."
Stuff like that.
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Shard

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »
Annnnnd who has the date Thursday, m'friend?

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2009, 11:31:03 PM »

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think most women don't like to be called bitches unless you say it sweetly! "I love you, bitch."  "You're so good to me, bitch."  "You better not be running around on me, bitch."
Stuff like that.

if by sweetly you mean creepy
~KGF

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2009, 11:34:18 PM »
Stuff like that.

Hey now. 10,000 hip hop "artists" can't be wrong can they?
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2009, 04:43:52 AM »

Live it to the fullest, Than.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2009, 09:17:28 AM »
Annnnnd who has the date Thursday, m'friend?

Girlies tend to love a bad boy, I'll admit.  Touche' Shard.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2009, 01:43:40 PM »
Girlies tend to love a bad boy, I'll admit.  Touche' Shard.

It's not that they love bad boys, it's that they like self-confidence, something jerks pull off fairly well (even if it's simply a front for a lot of them).

The problem with "nice guys" is they tend to view the early stages of dating from the standpoint of what they can bring to the relationship.

That is a road to Hell paved with good intentions.

In the early stages, it's about what the other party can do for you, not what you can do for the other party. If the other party jerks you around, move on. This goes for both genders. As the relationship matures, if it's a good one, you will--and should--naturally transition to a much less "selfish" view of things .
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2009, 03:38:08 PM »
The other mistake that 'nice guys' make is they try to wait for the 'right time' to make a move, which is nuts.  If you're interested in a girl you have to make it clear that you want the hot make-outs as soon as not-creepily possible.  It took me a week to go from meeting this girl to asking her out, and the only reason it took that long was I was down in richmond for an ex's birthday for the weekend and I didn't think it was super classy to make dates while I was ardently pursuing hot ex-lovin'.

The other way can work too I guess, but nuts to that.  I strongly believe in the Tarzan school of dating.  Me Tarzan.  You Jane.  Jane Tarzan's woman now.

edit: also, I am not an jerk in the 'bad boyfriend' sense; I don't cheat or lie to my women or treat them bad or whatnot.  I treat them bitches like gold! It's true that I am an asshole in the sense that I like cursing and I'm not a pussy.  At least I tell myself I'm not a pussy.

I'M NOT A PUSSY GOD DAMN IT

shouting that on the internet is totally normal right

edit edit:  also, wish me look tonight everyone! I am excited.  I haven't been on a first date for almost four years.  Let's hope I still remember how to be BLINDINGLY CHARISMATIC
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:45:35 PM by Thanatos »
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2009, 09:57:14 PM »

Girls don't go for the 'bad boy' as often as guys who can't ask a girl out imagine they do.

Girls go for a confident guy who doesn't passively aggressively dislike them.   Girls do in fact, by nature, NOT like a wimpy guy. Or, as Than so nicely put it...pussies. Once a gal sees you that way, it's pretty much impossible to change that opinion.

Than  respects the ladies, it comes across any time one of these discussions comes up. Can he be a jerk sometimes? Well I guess so, who isn't sometimes. But a gal will take a guy who is a jerk over a guy sitting in the corner crying to himself cause the gal he’s loved for 4 years still doesn’t  notice him. 

p.s. Good luck on your date.  I have not been on a first date in...um...16 years, so I would very much like to know how it goes!!
~KGF

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2009, 10:10:09 PM »
Girls don't go for the 'bad boy' as often as guys who can't ask a girl out imagine they do.

You say that now, but a motorcycle and some tats give the wearer eerie powers.