Author Topic: Terrorist convicted - the left cries  (Read 43297 times)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorist convicted - the left cries
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2007, 01:26:01 PM »
Now if you aren't happy with the evidence then attack the CIA who gathered and presented it. Demand that heads roll at CIA HQ.

And who makes heads roll at the CIA HQ? Oh, yeah, the executive branch. See, the CIA, like the military, ultimately works for the president. The president gets the blame and the criticism because it comes with the job. He is the head of the executive branch, so any screwups from below are still his problems to deal with. I have always been against our invasion of Iraq because regardless of the justifications for removing Hussein, no one ever said how we were going to accomplish the stabilization of it when he was gone. Nothing had changed since Bush Sr. decided not to depose Saddam after Desert Storm. The power vaccuum was still there. In fact, things were worse because all the sanctions against Iraq throughout the 90's had driven one of the richest, egalitarian, and secular societies in the middle east into a nation filled with poverty. We then remove the only thing holding the country together and replace it with various incarnations of incompetence.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorist convicted - the left cries
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2007, 04:14:46 PM »
Now if you aren't happy with the evidence then attack the CIA who gathered and presented it. Demand that heads roll at CIA HQ.

And who makes heads roll at the CIA HQ? Oh, yeah, the executive branch. See, the CIA, like the military, ultimately works for the president. The president gets the blame and the criticism because it comes with the job. He is the head of the executive branch, so any screwups from below are still his problems to deal with. I have always been against our invasion of Iraq because regardless of the justifications for removing Hussein, no one ever said how we were going to accomplish the stabilization of it when he was gone. Nothing had changed since Bush Sr. decided not to depose Saddam after Desert Storm. The power vaccuum was still there. In fact, things were worse because all the sanctions against Iraq throughout the 90's had driven one of the richest, egalitarian, and secular societies in the middle east into a nation filled with poverty. We then remove the only thing holding the country together and replace it with various incarnations of incompetence.

I agree 100% about the handling of the occupation afterwards. It wasn't planned at all and the people who were telling Bush that things needed to be different weren't listened to.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney