Author Topic: Spielberg lied, Newman died  (Read 1970 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Spielberg lied, Newman died
« on: September 24, 2007, 04:44:58 PM »
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/09/20/velociraptor_din.html?category=dinosaurs&guid=20070920150000&dcitc=w19-502-ak-0000

Excerpt -

"Finding quill knobs on velociraptor ... means that it definitely had feathers. This is something we'd long suspected, but no one had been able to prove," Alan Turner, lead author on the study and a graduate student of paleontology at the American Museum of Natural History and at Columbia University in New York, said in a statement.

The velociraptor the researchers studied was about three feet tall and weighed about 30 pounds. The size of these animals was exaggerated in the movie."

More at link

* I blatantly ripped off the subject line from AP at Hotair
** Yes, I realize that Newman didn't get killed by velociraptors but the line was still funny
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: Spielberg lied, Newman died
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 11:21:24 PM »
Check out WoW. Those raptors have feathers >.>
Proven!
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
Re: Spielberg lied, Newman died
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 08:53:26 AM »
Yup, STV gives me a nice collection of them every time  ::)

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.