Author Topic: Was it just me or did Obama have an over active  (Read 1946 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Was it just me or did Obama have an over active
« on: September 28, 2008, 11:20:31 AM »
awesome gland running?

I heard that he played it safe but I didn't see him playing it safe (at least in a meek way). He called out McCain a few times and outright said that things said by McCain weren't true.

Here's a few things that I noticed.

McCain didn't seem to look Obama in the face or the camera. Obama looked right into McCain's eyes and at the camera.

McCain looked like he was trying to control his temper.

McCain wouldn't concede that Obama had a point or a good idea. I kept hearing: "I agree with John, John's right about, John's correct BUT..."

It also felt like Obama was actually talking. There was a few instances when I would have liked a more concrete answer but Obama sounded like he was giving an answer. McCain sounded like he was trying to mold a soundbite or rather a prescripted statement into an answer.

What did the rest of you notice?

I see a president in Obama. I can't wait to see Palin at the debate next week.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 11:22:54 AM by Doombot »
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Nighthavok

Re: Was it just me or did Obama have an over active
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »
I thought McCain was flustered in several moments, either in explaining his position or pointing fingers at Obama.  (McCain had a lot of his "facts" about Obama debunked.)

I felt that Obama gave cooperation in the sense of both candidates recognizing a problem, but having "radically different" ways to fix them.  I'm waiting for the "I agree with John, John's right about" soundbyte to be cut into an ad even though it wouldn't be used in context.

I don't think Obama was the aggressor, but I also don't think he sat back and defended all night.  You can be the aggressor and still not land anything significant.  McCain appeared to be old and angry while Obama was cool and collected.

Also, I felt the bailout questions were completely stupid.  "Please have an opinion on something not finalized or revised since you've come back to Mississippi and will you support it?"

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:24:54 PM »
I felt McCain desparately tried to "score" with the "he just doesn't get it" etc etc. And he failed - he came off as petty, angry, flustered, and someone who would rather talk in slogans than actually say something substantial.

McCain somewhat reminds me of Bob Dole - a candiate who I feel got nominated because it's essentially "his turn". At this point, I think he gets routed.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 10:49:28 PM »
I'm waiting for the "I agree with John, John's right about" soundbyte to be cut into an ad even though it wouldn't be used in context.

The wait is over.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec3aC8ZJZTc

aka

If anyone agrees with me then they're obviously not ready to be President. Well... they technically didn't agree with me to that extent but let's make it appear so.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:54:41 PM by Doombot »
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Nighthavok

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 03:23:17 AM »