Author Topic: Sarge's last story.  (Read 1685 times)

The Outrider

• Desert Nomad
  • Til things are brighter, I'm the man in black.
    • View Profile
    • Passing Strange
Sarge's last story.
« on: December 21, 2007, 04:16:44 AM »
A preview of my last gift to my ex.

"Once upon a time, there was a wolf who was born in a cage. He lived in the cage for many years, dreaming every so often of finding his brothers and sisters, but less and less over the years as the cage sapped his spirit. One day, the door to the cage had gotten so rusty that it sprung open when the wolf rested his shoulder against it. The wolf felt great joy and he ran out into the sunlight.  Unfortunately, the sunlight hurt his eyes and the people outside were too much for the wolf who knew only the safety of his cage. So the wolf went to find a young lady zookeeper.

The wolf found a lady keeper and brought her back to his cage. "Won't you come with me", said the wolf. "I am big and fierce and nothing comes into my cage. Wouldn't it be nice to come in and be my forever friend?" And the lady keeper said "Oh yes, you are so strong, but wouldn't it be nice to come out into the sun with me every so often?" But she and the wolf never did.  Being with the wolf in his cage every day, changed the young woman. She grew old and sad before her time. It wasn't good for either her or the wolf. So one day, when the wolf's back was turned, his woman keeper escaped.  "Come back, come back, my forever friend" said the wolf, "without you I will die, but without my cage I will die! How can I live?"  But he had followed her out of his cage.

The rest of the story is up to her and to me now.

Sarge   
[-)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: Sarge's last story.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:19:49 AM »
That story is very visual. Reminds me a bit of Aesop's fables.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

The Outrider

• Desert Nomad
  • Til things are brighter, I'm the man in black.
    • View Profile
    • Passing Strange
Re: Sarge's last story.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 05:29:26 AM »
Thanks Doom ;D

I think holographically actually, always have. My thoughts are always all pictures.

Just got myself a case of the post-breakup blues here.

[-)