Author Topic: Recruiting Genius's, who's in?  (Read 4129 times)

The Outrider

• Desert Nomad
  • Til things are brighter, I'm the man in black.
    • View Profile
    • Passing Strange
Recruiting Genius's, who's in?
« on: June 29, 2009, 04:25:22 AM »
I, aka Sarge, aka the Outrider have found a lovely place of my own for all my mad experiments and wildest dreams. This lovely place is located in Geneseo, Illinois at 61254 and I strongly suggest you folks take a look at it. The schools are great. The land is cheap. All the people really are above average! And the potential for growth is staggering. The Quad cities are just forty five minutes away and I'm looking to increase the population of smart people so I can hire them for my eventual technology start-up. Crazy dream? Sure is. But the Unwashed village has a supply of high quality people like no other. Take a look at it on google and see if I'm wrong! Remember Genius = Improving Human Quality!

:Mr-T:

I love it when a plan comes together!
[-)

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
Re: Recruiting Genius's, who's in?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 08:23:32 AM »
Only if we can build a survivalist commune.

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:31:10 AM »
Can we have  a vault?

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 02:59:47 AM »
I grew up in a small town tourist area.

I found it boring.

I have no desire at this point in my life to go back.

Though, I do concede I'd rather live in a place like that than the suburban Hell I'm currently living in.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 03:48:12 AM »
I grew up in a small town tourist area.

I found it boring.

I have no desire at this point in my life to go back.

Though, I do concede I'd rather live in a place like that than the suburban Hell I'm currently living in.

Agreed. How many times can you see the two story outhouse in Gays? Sure it's fun for the first 20 times but after a while it just loses it's magic.

I felt the same with the dolphins in Kauai.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 05:00:15 AM »
sarge, your logic fails. i hope to get out of illinois asap. the great state of chicago knows exactly how to piss me off. i'd like to think of it nostalgically while i'm a time zone or two away.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 05:37:35 AM »
Sarge... get a grip. It's Illinois. Illi-freaken-nois.

NY'er forever, baby.  :guitarist:

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
Sarge... get a grip. It's Illinois. Illi-freaken-nois.

NY'er forever, baby.  :guitarist:

Yeah, but I don't have to sell my first born to afford a condo in the downtown of Chicago.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 06:04:01 PM »
I'll come, but only if there's a good local lottery and the electronics stores there sell extended warranties!

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 04:49:57 PM »
*sigh* In my time living in the city Ive grown to love the easy acess to stores, places to go, Acess to high speed internet service, and work..... But I distinctly miss being left alone while in the middle of nowhere (and for that matter, the swamp of my childhood.... I miss that swamp.).

The shear tranquility of being able to walk outside and not to hear ANYTHING other then the wind blowing through vegetation and over open ground. insects buzzing, and birds tweeting their little birdy hearts out. Its something you just cant have in a city, or even remotely close to one.

Besides, If i ever get a plot of land in the middle of nowhere, I have plans... Ive always wanted to build an under ground house. those are just awesome.  :laugh:

Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »
Living in the suburbs is nice (Close enough to enjoy the luxuries of the city), but there is a nice tranquility about being alone in the middle of nowhere that I miss, especially with the huge amount of construction going on.

Oh and by the way Desolo, I'm going to school for architecture so if you need anyone to design your underground house, or evil lair, just let me know  ;D
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 05:11:11 PM »
HEHE I like your Idea but I found a much nicer place in Milto NH already
and is surrounded by water on 3.5 sides so never have to worry bout needing a new water chip :D
is also a nice tourist/camping area (bagged 3 tourists last season hoping for 4 this year :D)
last and almost the most important factor to consider

There is "Good" pizza and chinese delivery in the area
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...