Author Topic: frugivores?  (Read 2284 times)

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
frugivores?
« on: March 05, 2009, 04:30:40 AM »
I would like to point out - that I am stronger then most tiny animals and that the muscles in my arms are strong enough to hold say...a cat sized animal...and my teeth are sharp enough, and my jaws strong enough - to bite into the soft fleshy neck of said cat sized animal...and that if I were hungry enough, I would indeed eat this cat sized fleshy animal totally raw.

mmmm

Kinda makes me wanna cook up a bloody, juicy steak right now. :D

Given the choice, I am not stupid enough to try and hunt down an elephant for my dinner - given I do indeed have no claws or fangs...but then again, not a lot of animals go for elephants.

I wouldn't argue with  this guy though, arguing with crazy people usually gets you into more trouble then its worth. *nods*

"No human cultural-carnivore kills its animal prey with his/her natural equipment, nor do they eat their animal prey raw.  I have challenged countless meatarians to do so in the past 30 years, and NONE have shown the courage of their conceptual convictions and done so.  Why?  Simply because we are NOT an "omnivore".  In fact, we have strong anti-killing instincts.  Try to kill an animal with your bare hands to demonstrate this."

I had never heard of this term towards humans before, frugivore - that is just insane. What's wrong with veggies, and can I eat tomatoes or not? Cause I really do enjoy tomatoes.

http://www.ecologos.org/omni.htm

Oh, edit for the fact that my 'elephant' comment came from another place  :D

"Tell ya what. We will put you in a fenced in field of cows and
bulls, elephants or hippos, elk, deer, or some other kind of game
animal. You will have to catch and eat your meat raw. Hide, skin,
bones, guts, etc. You will need to drink the blood for extra water. I
predict that you will starve in a very short time. You will not have
the time to get sick from the above diseases.

I will be placed in a fenced in field full of fruit trees, apples,
peaches, oranges, cherries,etc, and seed trees like walnut, hickory,
etc. for my needed extra protein. I am willing to wager that I can
sneak up on a mean ole apple tree, eat to my heart's content in the
shade of the trees, and will be healthier for the effort than I am
now."

that guy is nuts. and if I ever meet him in a dark alley I shall throw apples at his head and run the other direction. *nods*

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Misc/misc.health.alternative/2007-08/msg00100.html
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:37:24 AM by Sylvee Bee »
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: frugivores?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 06:17:37 PM »
Bah..... We don't have "natural equipment" my eye.... We have these good ol' devices called "thumbs" and these all to often underused things called "brains".
The simple fact most nutrients required cannot be found in most vegetables except in the most odd of circumstances is proof enough for me that either people evolved they skills and tool making to get these things, or its all one big cosmic joke, as one doesn't really see very many protein rich apples ::)

As it is it seems most people say people don't need to eat this or that because they can eat other things to get the same nutrients.... except none of these were native to the area where you are NOW. Think about it.... Im In NC, in the united states.... WHERE IN THE HELL WOULD WE GET SOYBEANS? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_beans (note they are native to southeast ASIA), Broccoli which is stated for the sake of argument from possibly originating in ANCIENT ROME http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broccoli

(Its sorta like all of sudden people started dragging fruits and veggies from all around the world when they went places and left them there when they moved on.... OH YEAH  :inquisitive: THEY DID!) :surprised

So REALLY in "nature" this all veggies and fruit diet would likely simply NOT work. you know, being nature precludes using ones "Brain" and "thumbs"  :inquisitive:

So, now that Im through with this ill conceived rant.... Me and Mr. 12 gauge, and my stupid useless thumbs and brain, need to go see about "unnaturally" taking down a deer... or squirrel..... or rabbit.....
 :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 06:23:04 PM by Desolo »
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 01:15:13 AM »
Indeed, I think these people fail to see that our brains are useful for helping us think of tools that we can use to bring down these vicious animals.   Sure, a lion is faster then me and has claws to tear flesh...but I am smarter then said lion and can go to the store and buy myself a fancy gun - and a hunters hat!

I think the hat is important.
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:41:46 PM »
YES! for it keeps the brain safe from the sun, so that it may continue to think of new ways to do things! Like COOK the meat!  8)
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 11:24:06 PM »
Directed at the douche-bag who wrote that "challenge":

Man, it must suck to have an entirely 2,467 word "article" based on "38 years of research on various vegan, vegetarian, or plant-based diets" virtually disproven by a single word:

chimpanzee

That's right, our closest ancestor is an omnivore, and actually hunts and kills prey, while also eating plants. Chimps are stronger, but dumber than.. well *most* humans anyway, judging by your complete lack of reality and the fact that you tried to use Comic Sans, size -1 for your disclaimer.

Still not convinced? Then I challenge you to raise a healthy child on your vegan diet, while I raise a child on an omnivore diet. As humans are omnivores, not exclusively meat-eaters despite what your over-simplified article seems to indicate.

Now, I'm cutting away all the pseudo-science here, but when your child succumbs to malnutrition, I will have have trained a ferocious baby-seal killing machine that'll be able to eat five animals for every one you don't.