Author Topic: Bad News, Good news.  (Read 2955 times)

The Outrider

• Desert Nomad
  • Til things are brighter, I'm the man in black.
    • View Profile
    • Passing Strange
Bad News, Good news.
« on: December 21, 2007, 04:01:05 AM »
Hey guys.

I've been gone for a while, and this is difficult to say. But I've got to get better at it, so here goes. 

My wife of five years just left me.

Its still sinking in, but the upshot is, true to my spirit, I ran away. A wolf like me can't live in captivity. Did she leave me first, absolutely. But we were done for anyway, and I'm just grateful, just grateful.  I've got an important story to tell and a new lease on life and I wish you all the best. I think I'm going to start a blog about my experiences.  Wish me luck.  And I'm going to be around a lot more in the immediate future.

Sarge
[-)

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
Re: Bad News, Good news.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 01:06:43 PM »
*Hugs* Sarge. It's good to see you again, old friend. You've been away for quite awhile. I'm sorry to hear things are going so shitty for you right now. You never know, things might work out. Try to keep a bright outlook on things, and just clear your head for a bit. I've been in your position before, so I know you're hurt and not so sure of things. Take it one day at a time. Yesterday is gone, forget about it, tomorrow isn't here yet, so don't worry about it. Today is here, live it! My brother-in-law wrote that in my yearbook 30 yrs. ago, and it's stuck with me since. It helps too. ;D
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 07:59:46 PM »
Hey Sarge,

Sounds like me in my first marriage. I honestly felt good when we got divorced - FREEDOM, BABY!!!

Of course, I got married again about a year later - really didn't see that coming, but I'm glad it happened. 8+ excellent years so far.

You sound like you have a good attitude about it - you'll do just fine :)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 10:09:56 PM »
Hey Sarge,

Sounds like me in my first marriage. I honestly felt good when we got divorced - FREEDOM, BABY!!!

Of course, I got married again about a year later - really didn't see that coming, but I'm glad it happened. 8+ excellent years so far.

You sound like you have a good attitude about it - you'll do just fine :)

Yeah, ditto what Owl said. (Minus the remarriage part, that hasn't happened, though it was about a year and a half after my ex and I split and 9 months after the divorce was finalized that I got into a long term relationship that has potential for marriage in the future.)
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 04:08:49 PM »
*hugs*

Sad to har it, and makes your other posts make slightly more sense. Good luck in the future, mat, and know that we'll be here where we've always been, with support, comfort and the occasional tangerine-shower  :dozey:

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

The Outrider

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
    • Passing Strange
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 02:29:01 AM »
Thanks, Tank.  You're awesome!  ;D
[-)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 06:59:06 AM »
Here's hoping it's a start to some good times. My good times started after I left 'The Idiot' all those years ago. Now I'm in a relationship with a far better guy.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

The Outrider

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
    • Passing Strange
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 05:31:06 AM »
Thanks Doom,

That's my problem right now, my whiskey isn't helping my head and I remember how damn smart and ambitious she is. She is a genius you know.  I loved that and I will never forget it.  We were terribly unhappy and now I have the chance to avoid the mistakes I made with another person though.
[-)

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »
Wow. I can only imagine how you feel.
I have no experiences to base a comparison. My longest relationship was 2 years, and that ended because we were in different countries.
Man. Yeesh. Imma sit this one out until it hits me.
Good luck to ya.
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.