Author Topic: It never ceases to amaze me...  (Read 1912 times)

PsychoPompos

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
It never ceases to amaze me...
« on: February 25, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »
I'm actually surprized i've never heard of this before.  It actually makes me worry for the future of the U.S. (among other things)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/25/boxer-seeks-ratify-treaty-erode-rights/
"Not really.It's kind of stringy. There are much better meats out there"

And the thunder said,
Datta, Dayadhvam, Damyata

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: It never ceases to amaze me...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 10:13:38 PM »
FTA -

Most majority Muslim nations express reservations on all provisions of the convention that are incompatible with Islamic Sharia law, which takes much of the teeth out of the treaty. Acid attacks on girls continue in Afghanistan, which is already party to the convention.

The U.N. itself admits that there is no way for it to enforce its own laws and protect children.

That pretty much sums it up right there. It's another meaningless statement by an organization that is always more bark than bite. All this would be is a first step to laying aside our sovereignty.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney