Author Topic: Write up for my first Bloodbowl league game  (Read 1516 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Write up for my first Bloodbowl league game
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:04:30 AM »
The game winner is expected to write up a summary and I just thought I'd share it.

A rabid crowd of fans gathered as the game was set to be a brutal one and they could sense the bloodshed before it even got under way. With a lucky call on the flip of the coin the orcs set to receive the ball.

Starting to setup a play along his left side of the field the orc coach had his greenies getting their blood up as they managed to knock around the Chaos players a good bit to start things out. Looking to gain back some ground the Chaos coach tried to pry a path through the greenskin line with his minotaur who stepped up to Gutfart the troll and unfortunately took a deep breath just before impact. The minotaur succumbed to Gutfart's odor and fell to the ground ending the Chaos turn prematurely.

Seizing on the opportunity the greenskins quickly ran down the field for an early score and a 1-0 lead. Unfortunately Gutfart was taken down by a good team effort from the Chaos players and the orcs would have to play without him for the rest of the half.

After the kickoff there was a bitter and bloody fight for control of the line again. Some greenskins got free in the Chaos backfield and thought they had the beastman runner caught but he used his agility to get by them and launch a perfect pass into his receiver's waiting hands in the end zone on the very last play of the half. The score was tied 1-1!

The second half proved to be quite the mess as apparently Gutfart sat on the ball during halftime. This caused it to be more slippery than a greased squig and the Chaos runner dropped the kickoff. The orcs rushed in to try and put the game away but the ball managed to squirt free of players on both teams over and over again. The only thing giving the orcs any hope was that each time someone dropped it it managed to move a little closer to the Chaos end zone. When the game was almost over the orcs finally managed to pick up the ball and had only a short distance to run in for the score giving them a 2-1 lead.

Lacking time for any real scoring chance the two teams just went out for blood. The Chaos players tried to isolate Gutfart to pay him back for greasing the ball. They didn't manage to harm him though and on the orc's last turn they managed to turn the tables on the minotaur and give him a good stomping to end the game.

Orclanta Foulcons VS McManns Mashers
2 1

Passes 1 Passes 1
Catches 1 Catches 1
Interceptions 0 Interceptions 0
Tackles 2 Tackles 0
KO's 2 KO's 3
Injured 1 Injured 0
Dead 0 Dead 0
Yards Running 46 Yards Running 34
Yards Passing 22 Yards Passing 36
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney