Author Topic: Which of these laptops would YOU buy?  (Read 4585 times)

Silver Dragon

• Desert Nomad
  • Go rub two monkeys together and see what happens.
    • View Profile
Which of these laptops would YOU buy?
« on: August 31, 2008, 01:37:58 AM »
This:  http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4011672&CatId=2511

or this:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834147750

I'm kinda leaning toward the Gateway at the moment, because of the screen resolution and a few of the features, like Windows Vista Ultimate with a minimum of crap software on it like most manufacturers feel it so necessary to add; the ease of upgrade, slightly faster CPU, slightly better/faster Hard drive(s)... but, the HP does have a TV Tuner , and a Blu-Ray drive (which I suppose only does me any good if I start buying movies on Blu-Ray, huh?), and a bigger screen, but slower RPM hard drive and Windows Vista Home Premium (plus a bunch of bloatware).  I like the look of the HP better, too.  What do you think?

Also, does anyone know of a personal MP3 player that also has a built-in AM/FM tuner?

*edit*  So I stopped by Best Buy on the way home from a get-together with my girlfriend's family, and ran across this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8892825&type=product&id=1211587727985 , which gave me the opportunity to play with the laptop a little bit a get a feel for whether or not I actually like the thing from an aesthetic perspective (I do like it, nice big keyboard, felt fairly sturdy).  Also tried to stop by Circuit City, which has the HP listed on its website, to do the same thing with it, but Circuit City closes at 7pm on Sundays...on Labor Day Weekend, no less.   :shifty:

*continues pondering*

~SD
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:57:20 AM by Silver Dragon »
LISTER: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast.  In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. NO TOAST.
TOASTER: How 'bout a muffin?
LISTER: OR muffins!  OR muffins!  We don't LIKE muffins 'round here!  We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and DEFINITELY no smegging flapjacks!
TOASTER: Aah, so you're a waffle man!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Which of these laptops would YOU buy?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 01:42:20 AM »
i have a sandisk sansa mp3. it doesnt have an am radio instead it has a microphone recorder. the fm works wonderful for me when i actually use it.

it came with 1g of space i think and there is a slot for a card
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Killmod

Re: Which of these laptops would YOU buy?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 02:53:07 AM »
Most flash based Mp3 players not called ipod probably have an fm one, but good luck getting and A.M. one