Author Topic: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH! Learn. How. To. Speak.  (Read 1951 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH! Learn. How. To. Speak.
« on: November 02, 2008, 12:27:33 AM »
I'm editing an audio that I just want to complete. The extra time it's taking isn't soothing my frustration even though I'm charging more.

There's this guy who's doing an audiobook who likes to speak like this:

Well, you... uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, get the, get the, get the, get the, uh, uh, uh, merchant. And uh, uh, uh, uh, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, credit for the for the the the the loan. (Those are not exaggerations. I've counted over eight "uh's", "da's" along with lip smacking.

Since the uh and the "real words" are so close together it's difficult to separate them. When I turn this in I'll either hear nothing about the quality (which is good) or a question about why I didn't clean it up.

I did. This guy sounds even WORSE before I fixed his speech. He doesn't have a traditional stamper or stutter. He's just a poor communicator.

Do you know how some people have this voice that makes you want to leave? He has that tone AND the speech issues.

Everyone should take some sort of speech class ones in their life.

12 minutes more to go which is about 30 minutes of editing.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Bubonic

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Trying not to feed the Yao Guai
    • View Profile
Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH! Learn. How. To. Speak.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:49:22 AM »
*Gives Doomsie soothing hugs*

I know how you feel... I get the same way with people who have no understanding of basic grammar or who use the wrong homophone in their writing (their/there/they're, too, to, two, etc).  Particularly since one of my previously favourite magazines is especially guilty of this at the moment.

I have found it helps if you learn to bask in your own superiority.  Obviously you don't want to take it too far, but just imagine while you forced to deal with this lesser person that in the post-apocalyptic dystopia that we are all expecting to eventuate within our lifetime, you will be a much more valued member of your chosen little community.  Because you can speak/write/fight/whatever properly. And they can't.  And that's why you're the best!

Ummmm.... did I go off topic there towards the end?  Sorry.
You know what Freud says : You gotta think twice before you penis.
--Solwyn

Blue Elf shot the potion!
--Gauntlet

The UV Bungie Cord is strong.
--Doombot

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:35:20 AM »
I feel better already! =D
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

RottZombie

• Wasteland Denizen
  • UnWashed UnDead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 06:37:36 AM »
Big HugZ to Doomsie.......U R SO Loved!
Get Paid, Get Laid, Get Nuked!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 05:09:54 AM »
Big HugZ to Doomsie.......U R SO Loved!

Me am Happy! =)