Author Topic: Rawr!  (Read 1786 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Rawr!
« on: August 19, 2008, 04:26:50 AM »
http://www.hulu.com/videos/search?query=sarah+connor

Hulu has the Sarah Connor Chronicles first five episodes. They also have been replaying over the last few days on Fox at 9pm EST each night. If you didn't get a chance to check out the show it's pretty freakin good IMO. The last episode actually included one of the best clips in a show I've seen in a very long time (the pool scene for those that watched it).

Just wanted to let you know it was out there.

Also, The Cleaner looks pretty interesting thus far on A&E. In Plain Sight is also good. Have I mentioned I love my built in Tivo?   :P
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Rawr!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:19:36 PM »
is it good because you liked terminator to begin with?
or is it good because you didnt like the terminator and found this a better retelling of the story?

translation:
i hated the terminator, would this waste my time?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 05:43:51 PM »
is it good because you liked terminator to begin with?
or is it good because you didnt like the terminator and found this a better retelling of the story?

translation:
i hated the terminator, would this waste my time?

I liked the original but that's not really a good indication of whether or not you'll like the new show. My suggestion would be to watch the first couple of episodes and judge for yourself. Summer Glau has really grown into her role and her performance is much stronger after the first few episodes. Not that it was really weak to begin with but it gets so much better later on.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Bubonic

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Trying not to feed the Yao Guai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 07:56:10 AM »
I liked the original but that's not really a good indication of whether or not you'll like the new show. My suggestion would be to watch the first couple of episodes and judge for yourself. Summer Glau has really grown into her role and her performance is much stronger after the first few episodes. Not that it was really weak to begin with but it gets so much better later on.

You had me at "Summer Glau".
You know what Freud says : You gotta think twice before you penis.
--Solwyn

Blue Elf shot the potion!
--Gauntlet

The UV Bungie Cord is strong.
--Doombot