Author Topic: Ulysses in the 31st Century  (Read 2161 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Ulysses in the 31st Century
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:40:16 PM »
Ulysses 31

I don't remember this but the soundtrack is awesome. =)
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: Ulysses in the 31st Century
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 01:54:22 AM »
It was on Sunday mornings when I was growing up. It only lasted for one season and I don't think it even made a full season.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:03:48 PM »
It was on Sunday mornings when I was growing up. It only lasted for one season and I don't think it even made a full season.

It seems like something I would have watched growing up. I watched a lot of Japanimation with Spanish subtitles or just dubbed in Spanish during my Summers in Mexico.

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:04:11 PM »
I have this thing on DVD for nostalgia reasons.  I think it started out as your typical Anime type deal, but it was actually a French-Japanese co-op series. Because of this the pilot was re-made and the animation/characters etc got altered to move them closer to the western style of animation.

Lasted for 26 episodes and it's from 1981. I was only a year old at the time so I wasn't aware of it until about 1985.

In a particular annoyance, the opening titles on every episode have been butchered in the UK DVD release and as such the full sequence isn't shown.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:08:01 PM by Petrarch »

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »
Wow..... Its odd, less then a week ago, while discussing older cartoons and anime and whatnot, My brother was ranting that now one he knew of even remotely remembered this!
I may have to direct him there for a peek....

Speaking of awesome cartoons, anyone rember Exo squad? Im not sure how long it lasted really, but god I loved that show, used to get up extra early just to watch it on weekends.

Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)