Author Topic: Star Trek Online boldy goes where many games have gone before.  (Read 1691 times)

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
Star Trek Online boldy goes where many games have gone before.
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »
The bin.

It's been reported on WarCry that Paramount have dropped Perpetual Entertainment‎ (or P2, or whatever they happen to be calling themselves today) as the developer for the product. While the current version is now basically canned, the title lives on as it seems the licence has been handed to another developer to start again with the title, but not who that is. Rumours are it's Cryptic Studios.

I'm rather pleased and unsurprised by this news - there's been a lot of eyebrows raised at Perpetual in recent months and they really didn't seem to have a clue what to do with the game as there's very little information ever given out on it.

Even if this means it gets pushed back by another year, I'd rather see that than have yet another Trek title that ends up in the "what were you thinking when you made this?" side of things. Paramount may have just saved us from the modern version of Galaxies.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek Online boldy goes where many games have gone before.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:10:15 PM »
Yeah, ever since they dropped that heroes game, people have been looking at them sideways.
Its not surprising at all, but still disappointing.
Oh well, maybe by the time I'm 30 I'll get to see it in full swing :T
Guess I will buy Warhammer Online now. Dangit.
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
Re: Star Trek Online boldy goes where many games have gone before.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 07:06:08 AM »
*laughs and resumes waiting-posture for Darkfall*

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.