Author Topic: comming to terms  (Read 4752 times)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
comming to terms
« on: November 18, 2007, 11:52:24 PM »
i'm sure you can guess with what.

Looking over the past few months and I don’t want to believe it, but believe it I must. I still want to believe that he’ll be back. He’s never coming back. I’ll visit him someday, but he will never be able to visit us again. Moving onto college didn’t hit me until I head the news. The first, and I wish I could say only, time that I cried in my dorm room was because I had to face some truth, I’d never read his words again. I sign on every day, wanting to see a bit of his wit. Pausing when I give my self the chance and being it with reality. We’ve had a few conversations off the board, now I’m really wishing there were more. I get flashes of a message I once sent him. I wrote a story pairing his name to a pretty kitty watching a panther escape through her window. I feel tears threatening to surface, but none quite making the jump through my eyes. I miss the connection we never had and the comments we we would always laugh about once he had written them. I still don’t want to believe it, but he’s never coming back.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: comming to terms
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:52:15 AM »
Yeah. 'tis a harsh blow, and the wound still throbs in the cold of the night.
But press on we must, for dawdlin' behind will not bring solace.
Be strong, m'lady.

Hmm. That was odd. I think I play a bit too much Hellgate when the next line I was about to add amounted to "Fight for the Living." >.<
Curse those Zombie hordes! I shall slay them!
But yeah, hi.
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Alexand

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 06:00:24 PM »
I may not know the circumstances, but I like many know something of loss. I know I never got to get to know you, having been out of the village when you joined, but I know that since you are still here you must be a pretty special person.

It can be all the harder for losing things having been in this world of bits of light.

My condolences. There is little we can do but move on, and cherish what memories we have.
Alexand the Scribe, for all your scribery needs ...? What was I thinking! :)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 06:19:29 PM »
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 09:23:02 AM »
I may not know the circumstances, but I like many know something of loss. I know I never got to get to know you, having been out of the village when you joined, but I know that since you are still here you must be a pretty special person.

It can be all the harder for losing things having been in this world of bits of light.

My condolences. There is little we can do but move on, and cherish what memories we have.

I believe she's talking about Darkfox. You oughtta remember him, he was with us since the start and passed away a couple months ago. Bloody gap in the village and a small hole in my own furry little heart, losing a guy like him is a painful blow.

*huggles Acd*

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 01:29:17 PM »
I believe she's talking about Darkfox. You oughtta remember him, he was with us since the start

Actually, I believe Darkfox joined a few months before I did, which would have been a couple years after the UV started. However, I do believe TSSR was still around when I joined, but not for long.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

The Outrider

• Desert Nomad
  • Til things are brighter, I'm the man in black.
    • View Profile
    • Passing Strange
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 06:08:21 AM »
I miss the connection we never had and the comments we we would always laugh about once he had written them. I still don’t want to believe it, but he’s never coming back.

I don't necessarily know how to help you, but he remains with you through the things he has done.  He is free of pain. He is free of misery.  There are fates worse than death. If you remember what the things you did share felt like and the shape of his thoughts he is not truly gone and he can return at need. His passing can be an inspiration, a nervous joke, a center of mass to pull together. The sad thing is not that he is dead, it is that most people never really live at all.
[-)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 06:30:26 AM »
Yeah... he's still in my mind. I find myself thinking about him or something he's done from time to time.

=/

I like to think, no matter what happens to us after we pass... he's around in some form and having fun and being Darkfox. =)
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 03:03:43 PM »
I was originally going to post in the original thread, but I didn't want to drag it back up to the forefront and have the offchance of bringing anymore unhappy tears to anyones face.

I didn't know him well, but I did have a few chats with him. There is nothing I can say to describe how I feel...part of the fact that I'm just now learning of it (I haven't really been around the village in a while,) partly dealing with it.

I'm going to remember him as he was in my mind as I saw him when I would read his messages, and I'll never forget the few times I did get to talk to him.

/hug Acd

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 06:35:57 PM »
I still miss him too. *Hugs* He was truly one of a kind and yes, irreplaceable. No matter how bad things got, he always had a way of making you laugh. Even though he was young enough to be one of my own kids, he had  knowledge and wisdom far beyond his own years. If he were still here, he'd tell you to stop moping about and have some fun.

I still miss Iggy/Nathan too.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 06:56:50 PM »
Funny thing is... I saw a really cheeky comic and I thought: "Hey! Darkfox would love to see..."

Then I went: "oh..."

Truly one of a kind.

He reminds me of this geeky quote.

"As I experience certain sensory input patterns, my mental pathways become accustomed to them. The inputs eventually are anticipated. And even 'missed' when absent. When something once expected is no longer there."

- Data, to Ishara on friendship

Later mentioned in "Time's Arrow".
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 09:10:18 PM »
Good ol Data :)
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 12:17:56 PM »
excellent quote and its been a while since i've thought of Darkfox but it still hurts

*huggles everyone
Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.