Author Topic: Interesting...WoT movies and games on the way  (Read 1577 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Interesting...WoT movies and games on the way
« on: January 15, 2009, 11:49:18 PM »
http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=94835&id=0&view=flatnew&start=20

There was a Wheel of Time fps a few years back that didn't do very well. The demo wasn't enough to sell me on it. I'm wondering how on earth they plan to do movies unless they just plan on not finishing the story or ending it in some other way (the last book still hasn't been written and the original author passed away). Not to mention the length of the series. Granted there is a ton of stuff that could be cut out as it probably should have been cut out of the books too.

Still the series is one of my favorite ones to read back through. The series is so long that I find that my likes and dislikes of certain characters shift as the series progresses. I didn't like Mat Cauthon at all at first but he became my favorite character after book 5 or so. Perrin had been my favorite up to that point but in the later books he becomes a whiny twit. I really didn't care particularly for any of the female characters until the last few books when Egwene became a favorite.

Anyway, I figured there had to be at least a few people here that also read the books and might be interested in any coming games or movies.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting...WoT movies and games on the way
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 02:07:30 AM »
I'd read about this over on Dragonmount, and I'm rather excited about it and at the same time, apprehensive, due to the size of the series. Yeah, alot of things can be left out that would weight down and clutter the movies (I mean...they don't have to spend 3 chapters explaining EXACTLY how a tree looks...but it's great for making sure the movie makers know what the author wanted,) and some parts the movie watcher really doesn't need to see to make it work. It could only be done if they carry through with the idea of making it many movies, such as the harry potter series has enjoyed in length. I think the series would do amazing, I've reread it a few times now and have a hard time wanting to find new series to read cause I just want to go back and do it again!

Oh, I got to play the horrid FPS they released, story was so badly mangled and imagined, and they only really got one thing right at all....and man what a thing to do so well. You got to visit Aridhol/Shadar Logoth....I couldn't play it at night, it dripped with ambience and feeling.

I actually am a bit of a reverse on Perrin, I enjoy'd his storyline (though I do think Jordan pushed it with how Perrin was somewhat whiney, but I enjoyed the overall character progression and his dealings.) Rand is always changing for me, everytime I read it. So much depth is poured into his character, if you think of all the things surrounding him.

Games...well it'll be fun to play them, but we'll have to see how they handle them, an mmo rpg would be fun but might be a little constrained by where you place it in events of the timeline