Author Topic: Nexxxxxt Time.... Gad...get... NEXT TIME! *Hits MadCat*  (Read 1317 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Nexxxxxt Time.... Gad...get... NEXT TIME! *Hits MadCat*
« on: August 22, 2008, 08:22:44 PM »
I've having some issues with out lawyer. We lost the opportunity to get an expert out here to look at all the burnt out light bulbs including the light that went out again on the accident pathway. We had 3 months to evaluate the surrounding area and three weeks to look at the accident pathway. Our lawyer said: "Oh yeah. Sorry. The lighting expert has health issues, we'll get another one."

Then why the heck did you not get someone else? The lights are replaced now.

So we started talking about him.

BF: "He's got a reputation as a good lawyer but he may just be tired after 30 years in the business."

Jen: "Maybe he's got a good reputation because he gets his clients to do all the work and he collects the check. He's like Inspector Gadget. People think he's really good but Penny does all the work."

Jen: *smile* "I guess that makes you Penny, since you're running around doing the work."

Jen: "Wait! Junie's Brain. Since Sophie's fat and nasty (ill tempered) she's Madcat."

I then rub my hand because it's hurting and shout.

Jen: "HEY!!!! My hand!!!!!! I'm Doctor Claw!!!!"

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
Re: Nexxxxxt Time.... Gad...get... NEXT TIME! *Hits MadCat*
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 08:49:47 PM »
Go go gadget litigation!
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."