Author Topic: I'm making that Fallout movie using The Movies again...I want you to be in it...  (Read 4373 times)

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
So, I have some time on my hands, and I thought I should resurrect my plan to make a short film/trailer of the first Fallout game using the movies.  There's going to be some creative liberties taken of course, and there's going to be some tweaks done in post-production using some other editing programs on account of The Movies' technical limitations.  It should be an amusing final product when I get done with it.  Here's the catch!  I want to put all of us in it!  Well, most of us, anyway.  Not everyone gets a starring role, otherwise it's going to have way too many cast credits, but no substance.  I could just use pre-generated actors in the game for this, but I think it will be more fun to watch it and see if someone familiar walks by in the background or something.  Sooo... who gets to be who?  Well, I don't know.  I know everyone probably has their favorite characters but I certainly can't have eighty Killian Darkwaters in my movie.  I'm probably going to draw names out of a hat when it comes to the really popular characters.  I'm toying with the idea of having more than one Vault Dweller, maybe a team of them, which really would have made a lot more sense in the game, come to think of it.  Maybe they're all prisoners and this is their chance at a pardon, sort of a Dirty Dozen meets Mad Max kind of thing.  After all, I doubt the Overseer wants to waste upright people on this mission.  Anyway, I figure it keeps me from having to pick just one of you to be in the coveted role.  I'm excluding myself from that one in the interest of fairness.  Anyway, what I need from you guys is to make your faces if you want to be in the movie.  You all know what you look like better than I do, and where I went wrong in the last attempt was trying to do everyone's faces myself.  It's a lot of work to do more than one face, and I kept getting people's looks wrong, (jaws too square, eyes not shaped right, that sort of thing).  So if I can get whoever wants to be in this movie to download this Star Maker program and design their computerized doppelganger, I figure if it comes out looking weird, then it's your own fault.  The program is very intuitive and pretty fun, and there's a lot of customization options so you should have no trouble making a fairly accurate facsimile of yourself with it.  I'd recommend a head shot from straight on and in profile to consult for maximum accuracy when you're doing this.  No rush on this, but of course, the sooner I get everyone's characters, the sooner I can start working on the movie.  When you get your character done, just PM or e-mail the file to me.  If you want to post a screen cap of it on the board, that might be entertaining to.

P.S.  Feel free to "Mary Sue" or "Gary Stew" yourself, but please realize that some of you will be in ghoul makeup. 
P.S.S.  Feel free to name a character you'd like to be, but please don't be offended if you don't get it.  I'm just trying to pick the right people for the right roles.  (Sorry Bluecross, you can't be Tandi.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:50:35 AM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Wall of text! GAH!  :inquisitive:
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
Wall of text! GAH!  :inquisitive:

That will be the sequel's subtitle.

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
Wouldn't it just be easier given all the mucking about to do it in the GECK in the first place so it at least looks like it's supposed to?

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
Wouldn't it just be easier given all the mucking about to do it in the GECK in the first place so it at least looks like it's supposed to?

Wait...what now? I don't understand. :confused:

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Wall of Text critically hits you for 15000 damage. Unfortunately, your spine is now visible from the front.

Anyway, just make me the Mysterious Stranger who pops up and kills people for no reason in combat. That'll make things easier :P
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

karategoldfish

• Wasteland Denizen
  • uv mac enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • http://karategoldfish.livejournal.com
curse you for choosing a windows only file type! alas!

can you make a fish somewhere? i would be happy with that. :D
love, fish

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
Dibs on being in power armor and blowing hings to shreds with a rocket launcher!

(Also, why not the GECK?)

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile

The Movies is a PC program, right?

Why not just use Fallout 3 itself and build it in the GECK. There's various mods out there to do various things. I have one that makes your character do animations they otherwise cant such as leaning against a wall or dancing.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile

The Movies is a PC program, right?

Why not just use Fallout 3 itself and build it in the GECK. There's various mods out there to do various things. I have one that makes your character do animations they otherwise cant such as leaning against a wall or dancing.

Oh, I see.  I don't have a Fallout 3 capable machine.  I played it on a friend's computer.  I don't think he wants to give it up for extended periods of time while I craft my magnum opus.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
curse you for choosing a windows only file type! alas!

can you make a fish somewhere? i would be happy with that. :D

Gripe and you shall receive, Little Fish.