Author Topic: Wow! What a great deal!  (Read 3812 times)

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
Wow! What a great deal!
« on: January 30, 2010, 03:55:35 PM »
This is at Wal-Mart right now! Can you believe the low price?! I can't wait to play this!
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Wow! What a great deal!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 09:06:57 PM »
Fruad by selling under false pretenses ect ect.

Dont they know they can get in trouble for that?

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 10:55:43 PM »
Fruad by selling under false pretenses ect ect.

Dont they know they can get in trouble for that?

considering they have been charged with hiring illegal immigrants to clean their floors for under minimum wage in the past, i'm pretty sure they are aware of it.

BUT, as much as i hate to stick up for them, maybe someone just found it laying around and honestly didn't know it's no longer playable. it's a stretch, but i won't rule it out as a possibility.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:49:43 PM »
I don't think even Wal-Mart has the gall to try something this blatant deliberately. They tried the illegal immigrants thing because that's sort of under the wire and most people in this country just don't care about them. (It's not because they're bad, it's just sort of an "out of sight, out of mind" thing.) But this has too much potential for widespread bad press on the internet because it's computer-related.

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:50:18 AM »
Someone should go buy it. And sue them.

If you do, make sure the lawsuit includes pelting their CEO with tangerines.

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 07:41:07 AM »
I just went back to Wal-Mart today, (I had to get a DVD to replace my 20-year-old VHS of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that finally came detached from its receiving spool. Naturally the DVD is superior to the VHS in almost every conceivable way, and it only cost $5, which is probably about 20-25% of what the movie cost on VHS back in 1990 when I got it. The only shortcoming is that it lacks the little league Pizza Hut commercial from the beginning that the VHS had, but I guess that's a small sacrifice.) Anyway, I stopped by the computer games section and lo and behold the Tabula Rasa Collector's Editions are still there, but there's a new edition, located just below and to the right of the Collector's Editions are regular editions of Tabula Rasa for sale... AT A HIGHER PRICE! What the heck is up with this?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:44:58 AM by Loveshack »

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 12:11:50 AM »
i'm still debating on whether or not i'd support someone trying to sue Wal-Mart for selling an unusable product. on one hand, they are selling an unusable product. on the other hand, anyone who buys it clearly did no research whatsoever and does not deserve the money they spent on it.

the part of me that loves "The Man" being "stuck it to" is conflicting the part of me that approves of natural selection.

off topic, but also fuck the Wal-Mart in New Orleans for not having guns for sale when i was there in August. I WANTED TO SEE GUNS FOR SALE IN WAL-MART, DAMMIT!

(yes, i now know they are a seasonal item :P)

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 12:35:39 AM »
off topic, but also fuck the Wal-Mart in New Orleans for not having guns for sale when i was there in August. I WANTED TO SEE GUNS FOR SALE IN WAL-MART, DAMMIT!

Well, the Wal-Mart I went to is located in Lakewood, WA, which has a disproportionately large... urban demographic and lots of violent and petty criminal behavior. A security guard was actually shot in the head by an employee within the last year during a botched armored car robbery in the parking lot. Considering the predominate makeup of the regular clientele and the surrounding inhabitants, I really don't think they need the easier access to guns that Wal-Mart would provide.