Author Topic: Let's have another book recommendation thread  (Read 52047 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: Let's have another book recommendation thread
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »
Just wondering...

How does everyone else here read books?

I usually split my reading of the moment into two books. Each book has to "feel" different. For example... I might read Dexter and then read Harry Potter during the same week. Then depending on what I'm in the mood for... I'll pick the book that corresponds to that mood.

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Let's have another book recommendation thread
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2010, 10:01:08 PM »
i read, but school tends to put a damper on anything worth spending my free time on.

i've been reading zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance for the past two months, not a big fan and dont have the time. on the up side of that. i've got a lit class that i'm very much enjoying where we're reading a bunch of short stories by a turn of the century female half chinese woman. (i go that far into the author's race because it's an asian american lit class and there really isnt much from asian writers before the whole pearl harbor thing)
In case of rapture, can I have your car?