Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 545371 times)

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #570 on: November 21, 2008, 03:33:35 AM »
Steroids and pain killers?  Sounds like a sex...y cocktail.   ;D

Sure, why not, Acd.  Some of us will probably cosplay too.  All I need is a bottle of Romanee Conti' and a box of Montecristo NO. 2 to go with my powered armor.   :guitarist:
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 24, 2008, 11:36:33 PM »
I decided to go corporate, and just started working for a certain huge finnish company formerly involved with rubber boots. It's been all training and "orientation" and a whole lot of finglish words that sound sort of retarded, but I've done my best to cope with the crazy hours. Then today everything got a little weird.

All of a sudden I was redirected from the fervent training to do some Mickey Mouse work with other reissued people, and watched all day long as more and more people got fired, until the factory was half empty. I just signed up, so I'm propably safe for the time being, as long as I manage to get "oriented" real fast and don't screw up too bad. But there's not a whole lot of love going around the place for the new guy at the moment. Well... as long as the cash keeps flowing...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 11:38:24 PM by Morb »

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 26, 2008, 07:08:21 AM »
I broke up with my girlfriend of 3.5 years on monday, and my grandpa died today. 

My grandpa passing on put the girlfriend thing into perspective at least.

That's what's going on in my life!
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 26, 2008, 07:26:56 AM »
Sorry about your gramps - that's never fun.

Also sorry about the GF, but in the end, it was probably a good thing (while they sucked at the time, I can't think of any of my breakups - and there were many - that were not a positive thing in an overall sense :) )

How is your writing coming?

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 26, 2008, 07:44:20 AM »
Yeah, my lady and I were due to split.  I'm actually doing all right- it's been clear to me for a long time that my relationship needed to end, and my grandpa's been sick for a really long time.  I'm mostly adjusted.

My writing is coming along more slowly than it should.  I'm too gods-damned lazy.  It's coming though!

edit: you know, honestly, it's not that I'm lazy.  writing novel-length fiction gives me panic attacks.  I can write periodical pieces all day and night, but whenever I try to write for my mythical novel I start hyperventilating.  It's not that fun!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:06:11 AM by Thanatos »
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 26, 2008, 08:06:13 AM »
I broke up with my girlfriend of 3.5 years on monday, and my grandpa died today. 

My grandpa passing on put the girlfriend thing into perspective at least.

That's what's going on in my life!

Sorry Than   :(
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #576 on: November 26, 2008, 08:19:39 AM »
Sorry for your loss.  :(
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #577 on: November 26, 2008, 04:54:49 PM »
Double loss for the lose. : (

If it's any consolation, I think most people are terrified at the novel. I don't know why it is, if it's a cultural thing or just something inherent in our psychology but every time I sat down to work on it I'd rather have been doing anything else in the world. Then when I was supposed to be doing other things I'd get awesome ideas and start wanting to write.

Stupid f'ing brain.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #578 on: December 14, 2008, 11:57:22 PM »
I went to the Liberace Museum.

I'll say this... the guy had Flair. =)

But he had Flair and STYLE. Those pianos are BEAUTIFUL! Some of the other art pieces are just amazing as well in their beauty and eligance.

I'll post some pictures later.

And they even had his Hot Pants Outfit.

Let me post a picture of Liberace in Hot Pants as a favor to you all in case you don't know the outfit.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:04:51 AM by Doombot »
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 15, 2008, 12:37:33 AM »

But he had Flair and STYLE.

Was he stylin and profilin?

"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #580 on: December 15, 2008, 03:33:09 AM »

But he had Flair and STYLE.

Was he stylin and profilin?

More like Struttin' and Juttin'

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 15, 2008, 04:21:34 AM »

Did you love to watch him strut;)

Meh, as long as I'm here anyway I'll do a short update. I went to a book store for the first time in a long time. The one in the mall 2 miles away closed about a year ago so it's been Amazon for me lately. My parents were going to Borders and I tagged along. I found three new books. I got another book by Homer Hickam who wrote Rocket Boys which is the book that the movie October Sky was based on. This one is called Torpedo Junction and is a historical account of the U-boat attacks off the East coast of the US during WWII. I got Band of Brothers by Ambrose as well. I have the DVD set from the show and a book about all of it by Dick Winters but I'd never gotten the original book that started it all. The last book was a normal old fantasy novel based in Raymond Feist's Riftwar series called Honored Enemy.

Up until I got these I had been reading back through Robert Aspirin's Myth series. So if nothing else I'll have plenty of reading material for the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:36:41 AM by Brugdor »

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #582 on: December 15, 2008, 06:50:09 AM »
I got Band of Brothers by Ambrose as well. I have the DVD set from the show and a book about all of it by Dick Winters but I'd never gotten the original book that started it all.

I'm thinking about picking it up in Blu-Ray. I heard it's awesome in Blu-Ray.

Band of Brothers [Blu-ray] (2008)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 15, 2008, 06:56:33 AM »

I'm thinking about picking it up in Blu-Ray. I heard it's awesome in Blu-Ray.

Band of Brothers [Blu-ray] (2008)

I dunno about Blu-Ray but the series itself is one of the best I've ever seen. I think at least a couple of the shows should be required viewing in American high schools.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 18, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
we watched a few episodes in my hs us history class.

i still find it hard to believe that the "people" in my class (i should have taken it ap) didnt get that everything was basically memorization on stuff that we've been learning since 2nd(ish) grade.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?