Author Topic: Whaaat up  (Read 4266 times)

roughrider

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
Whaaat up
« on: January 25, 2008, 08:07:08 AM »
What up.

roughrider

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
Re: Whaaat up
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 08:16:52 AM »
Wasn't there an art section on here before?

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 08:26:01 AM »
I oddly never know how to respond to these types of posts. Same thing with Larspeart's post the other day - am I supposed to say "welcome back" (although RR has been around lately), or am I supposed to try and actually answer the question... ok, I will. Here's what's up:

My oldest client is having payment problems. This pisses me off, because it's good business to be nice and all, but I really just want to say "give me my @#$%ing $800". But you really shouldn't do that, especially to an old client. But I'll have to stop extending credit and stop working for them.

Ok, what else is up... bought a new book tonight. The new bio of Daniel Boone.

Got Burnout Paradise too. Fun. Between the book, Burnout, and a few DVD's, my weekend is spoken for.

I made a kickass trade in one of my Fantasy Football leagues. I took over a mediocre team, blew it up and made it more mediocre by trading aging players for a bunch of draft picks, finished last, traded a bunch of picks for decent players, scored Ryan Grant off waivers, and am now sitting with a pretty good team and the #1 overall in the rookie draft, too. A nice one-year rebuild.  As if anyone should really care about my fantasy football team :)

Well you should care, because I won $400 this year (in another league). Yay for me.

My wife's back went out last week - she never had back pain before, never mind utterly crippling back pain (I've had it twice, the last time ten years ago, so I know how horrible it is.) I had to take her to the hospital, as all she could do was stand and cry (couldn't sit, couldn't lay down, couldn't walk... it took me 30 minutes to get her into the car, and she essentially cried in pain the entire time. Since I had it, I knew what it was, but it's still frightening.) Anyway, they gave her a shot to relax her for the night, a script for good painkillers, and in a few days, she healed up - she's fine now, but man, it's scary when your wife is shrieking in pain and you can't do anything about it.

What's up with you???

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 08:28:18 AM by Night Owl »

roughrider

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 08:46:30 AM »
Well, I appreciate you answering the question, I was ready to be completely ignored.

Yeah, its kind of a double-edged sword with your business. My brother sounds like your client and its almost better in the wrong run to cut them off rather than let them try to work it out and end up getting fucked over.

Never heard of Daniel Boone, but I'll probably have to look him up now.

Crippling back pain? That sounds awful, but its good that she'll be alright. My dad's got recurring back issues too and there is nothing worse than having to drive him to the doctor periodically or having to take part in cracking his back and listening to it ripple from ass to neck.

What's up with me...

Graduated from high school last year, intended to take a year off. Had about a 3.0 and a 26 on my ACT's so I figured I was sitting pretty. My parents decided I should get generals out of the way so I'm currently working as a pizza driver to make money for next year and doing some easy courses at the local CC.

Last couple years I've gotten really into frolf (frisbee-golf) and I was starting to enter local tournaments I was doing pretty darn well, but I ended up acting like a drunken idiot this Summer and took a plunge off a retaining wall and busted my shoulder so trying to hit the next level of play is kind of an out. On the other hand I've been rehabbing the last 6 months and just started lifting again about 2 weeks ago. Its amazing how weak you can get with 6 months off.

Fantasy Football- Lost my first 5 games and won 11 of the next 12. Finished with the lowest overall points in the league but ended up winning the championship. $200 :). I picked up Ryan Grant on waivers too. Oh and some guy called Adrian Peterson. I cannot wait for next year with my team.

Been on a good 8-10 hiatus from women, so thats no fun, but hey, there's some cuties at the CC.

So overall, I'm doing alright, just living waiting to see what's going to come next. Glad to hear you're doing okay too, problems aside.

-RR
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:47:05 AM by roughrider »

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 09:44:09 AM »
Eeep! Sorry to hear about Mrs. Owl. =(

To me... there's nothing worse than back pain. I've had MANY different pains, injuries, illnesses and other stuff. Back pain is just so overwhelming to me. At least with other pain, I've been able to move or it shoots for a while and goes away. Back pain knocks you out from doing normal stuff like... walking.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 05:27:22 PM »
Amen to that, I hate my back-issues :/

As for what's up; not much. OMW home in the train from Aalborg (3 hours north of Odense where I live) where I spent the weekend at a friends' place, t'was here 23rd birthday. Going back to eat, patch my bike's flat tire and then sleep to be ready for work tomorrow.

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 11:09:07 PM »

Fantasy Football- Lost my first 5 games and won 11 of the next 12. Finished with the lowest overall points in the league but ended up winning the championship. $200 :). I picked up Ryan Grant on waivers too. Oh and some guy called Adrian Peterson. I cannot wait for next year with my team.

Dynasty League?

roughrider

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 05:03:54 AM »
Yeah, I'd been doing small re-draft pickem leagues but this is my first year using a dynasty league, its not bad. Is yours dynasty or keeper?

Pipboy 2000

• Administrator of Things/Thongs
  • Administrator
  • Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 05:13:59 AM »
hows the shingles?

;D ;D ;D
Pipboy2000
Postmaster General, Unwashed Civil Defense Force

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 06:51:02 AM »
Yeah, I'd been doing small re-draft pickem leagues but this is my first year using a dynasty league, its not bad. Is yours dynasty or keeper?

I went overboard - I'm in 4 dynasty leagues, and 1 redraft (the redraft is with local guys - the others are all online). 2 of the dynasty teams I took over (which meant they sucked - nobody abandons a good team :) ) I rebuilt them both fairly good, but one is in a 16-team league, which makes good players a bit scarcer.

Love the dynasty format. It makes football last all year.

roughrider

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 11:12:07 AM »
Pip I cannot tell you how long I've been looking for that picture, why you still have it...I have no idea. And they're good thanks...

Pipboy 2000

• Administrator of Things/Thongs
  • Administrator
  • Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 01:58:25 AM »
=P

I have never deleted my mIRC download folder lol I just barely remembered it was in there the other day, it's all I have to remember you by buddy!
Pipboy2000
Postmaster General, Unwashed Civil Defense Force