Author Topic: Yes! These were the ads I was speaking about!  (Read 1917 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Yes! These were the ads I was speaking about!
« on: January 01, 2008, 01:38:26 AM »
As Seen on TV: The 10 Most Laughably Misleading Ads | Cracked.com

You know those ads where the most simple thing is performed in the worst way?

Voiceover: Has this ever happen to you?

Black and white video comes on.

You see a woman who looks like she's being tortured pick up a spoon, twirl it around in confusion and stab herself in the eye.

Back to color.

Voiceover: These days are over.

Shows a spoon with a chain just enough to reach your mouth but not your eye.

Voiceover: The Handy Dandy Spoonsie with adjustable chain stops those problems for good. Set the chain and presto! No more eye problems!

Shows a happy woman eating soup without splashing it all over herself and blinding herself.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 01:40:24 AM by Doombot »
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

JC

• Wasteland Denizen
  • My Being is Zorg!
    • View Profile
Re: Yes! These were the ads I was speaking about!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 02:23:54 AM »
Spoons are... not meant for eyes?

I've been doing it wrong all these years...

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 03:37:06 AM »
I like that shower you can step into that looks like it's about the size of a toilet.  Ah!  So relaxing to sit waist-deep in water!  If I'm going to pay that kind of money and have part of my house ripped up in the process, I think I'd rather get a hot tub installed in the living room like in Scarface, bathe in there, and raise my property value in the process rather than lower it exponentially by removing my people bathtub and replacing it with a puppy shampooer!

I mean, if you're going to go to all that trouble and expense, why not just get a regular glass-doored walk-in shower installed so your loved ones don't have to go to the trouble of removing your dystopic future water shortage shower and getting a normal bathtub reinstalled after you pass on?  This is like some mental hospital bathtub to designed for catatonia patients so they can't possibly fall backwards and drown.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-UXkorAGY1s

Plus, I really don't feel comfortable with Detective Sipowicz expressing so much interest in my bathing regimen.
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »
II think I'd rather get a hot tub installed in the living room like in Scarface, bathe in there, and raise my property value in the process

Actually, hot tubs don't raise property values. Getting one isn't going to cause any harm, but it won't ever recover its value.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!