Author Topic: R.I.P. UVer David "Kama" Hartstein  (Read 9429 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. UVer David "Kama" Hartstein
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »
Wow. This is the first time I've lurked here in a while and this is sad news to come back to. Kama and I always had the role play thing going when greeting each other as "Elf" and "Dwarf". I'm sorry to hear he's passed.  :(
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 08:04:37 PM »
Sigh.

That's very sad. I wondered off and on what happened to Kama. I knew he was sick and hoped things would somehow work out but they didn't obviously.

Like others I remember him as a very calming presence. I'm glad I was able to see him once around 2000. I wish I could have spent more time that day with him.

Goodbye to one of the nicest people I've ever known.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Xerxes

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Wielder of the Xcutsel Widget
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »
May he go easily to wherever he's going, and may whoever he finds there show mercy.

Xerxes.
I am thinking of changing my title to "He who must only be mentioned in passing".

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 01:40:34 PM »
Jesus fuck.

I came back for some laughs, and I found out my friend of several years ago had died.  Oof.

You were too nice for this world, Kama.  Fuck.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 03:09:50 AM »
It's almost unbelievable to see this topic, not because I was ignorant of his fight...but Kama had a heart that denied any thought that things weren't going to be alright.

I've only had moments here and there with Kama after meeting him for the first time a loong time ago when he became an Unwashed Villager. I used to have him as a friend on myspace after we lost contact on the boards and a great many good discussions came of that. Never could you meet a person who cared more, or wanted to have a good time.

I'll miss you bud, be at peace.