Author Topic: so i'm thinking.....  (Read 7845 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: so i'm thinking.....
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 08:08:33 PM »
Oh... =)  I was giving a humorous rational for eating meat. eg. If God didn't want us to enjoy the succulent taste of prime rib it would have tasted like poo.
Ah well in that case the answer is easy. God did want us to eat those animals and that's why He made them tasty.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »
Oh... =)  I was giving a humorous rational for eating meat. eg. If God didn't want us to enjoy the succulent taste of prime rib it would have tasted like poo.
Ah well in that case the answer is easy. God did want us to eat those animals and that's why He made them tasty.

It makes it taste even better now. =)

---------------------------

On a serious note. I think Eating veggies is good but I think a varied diet is more successful. I'm sure it's possible to exist just one veggies but you need to do proper research to make sure you're getting nutrients normally found in meat. Because of that, some people don't follow a 'proper' veggie lifestyle and end up being sick since their body is missing out.

I still remember my old boss from the Welfare Department who raved about the benefits of the Veggie lifestyle. He was always sick from colds, flu or whatever and he looked like death warmed over.

Not a good endorsement.

Other veggie lovers that I've know always seem sick.

*shrug*
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 08:33:51 PM »

On a serious note. I think Eating veggies is good but I think a varied diet is more successful. I'm sure it's possible to exist just one veggies but you need to do proper research to make sure you're getting nutrients normally found in meat. Because of that, some people don't follow a 'proper' veggie lifestyle and end up being sick since their body is missing out.

I still remember my old boss from the Welfare Department who raved about the benefits of the Veggie lifestyle. He was always sick from colds, flu or whatever and he looked like death warmed over.

Not a good endorsement.

Other veggie lovers that I've know always seem sick.

*shrug*

I think probably the optimum for our health is to eat far more grain than we do these days and less meat. Though meat should be part of the diet for the protein and such that it provides.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 09:09:49 PM »
Maybe Bruggie could answer this. If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they so (slurp) tasty?

I assume you are referencing shellfish, pork, etc that the Jews were told not to eat? I'm not sure why those restrictions existed but they were lifted off of christians through Peter who had a vision from the Holy Spirit about it.

it exists due to how the animal is killed, i think. there are procedures that one is supposed to follow to kill an animal and prepare it for human consumptions. one idea that i think they hold to severely is that nothing from the hindquarters is supposed to be used and then there are restrictions on the leg meat that is allowed to be used. i guess it comes down to dont eat ass or feet.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 10:39:18 PM »
Maybe Bruggie could answer this. If God didn't want us to eat animals then why are they so (slurp) tasty?

I assume you are referencing shellfish, pork, etc that the Jews were told not to eat? I'm not sure why those restrictions existed but they were lifted off of christians through Peter who had a vision from the Holy Spirit about it.

it exists due to how the animal is killed, i think. there are procedures that one is supposed to follow to kill an animal and prepare it for human consumptions. one idea that i think they hold to severely is that nothing from the hindquarters is supposed to be used and then there are restrictions on the leg meat that is allowed to be used. i guess it comes down to dont eat ass or feet.

A couple of scientists (forensic archaeologists I think) discovered that the pigs around that time were quite badly diseased. Eating their meat would have made humans sick and more than likely kill them. Somebody probably saw this as punishment from God for eating the poor widdle piggy and thus pork = bad.

Heh. One of my friends is Jewish (he even has the callsign Teh J00) and he eats bacon. Not ham, not pork, just bacon. When people asked about it, he either says something like "Bacon isn't pork." or "But it tastes so goood! it can't be bad." :P
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 02:10:14 AM »
I don't think "I don't each much meat anyway" is really that good a reason to become a vegetarian. I mean it's not like the other kids will think you're really cool cause you are.

If you don't like meat, just eat less of it.

I couldn't possibly imagine why though. First of all, I could for an hour straight without getting full if I were to eat just salad. Second, MEAT GOOD!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 02:18:24 AM »
dont worry chuccy, i've decided against it. i dont eat enough veggies.

i think it came from a random moment of depression and feeling fat. and i dont eat mushrooms and my school uses alot of them in both veggie and non veggie foods. so that cuts being vegetarian here for the most part unless i eat pasta all the time. i've realized that i'm just gonna cut beef.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 02:30:39 AM »
i've realized that i'm just gonna cut beef.

Well, whatever you do, don't cut the cheese.
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 04:21:20 PM »
i've realized that i'm just gonna cut beef.

Well, whatever you do, don't cut the cheese.

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.