Author Topic: It's hard being a die-hard Jets fan  (Read 3282 times)

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
It's hard being a die-hard Jets fan
« on: October 15, 2007, 01:28:07 PM »
When they can't even score a touchdown, with less than five yards to go. Wtf was Pennington thinking? He could not possibly have thrown more interceptions if he tried. Must have been the throwback uniform from the Titans that messed him up. It was starting to look like we had switched back to Tesdaverde.  My husband was glad when the game ended b/c I finally stopped yelling at the TV. :)
I did enjoy the Patriots game though. They stomped the Cowboys!  ;D
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
Re: It's hard being a die-hard Jets fan
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 01:36:06 PM »
Hmm, almost, but not quite, as densely incomprehensible as cricket talk.

I have no opinion;  just popped in to say I'm confused  ;)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 03:33:13 PM »
Hmm, almost, but not quite, as densely incomprehensible as cricket talk.

I have no opinion;  just popped in to say I'm confused  ;)

Nothing confusing about it. The only game-related terms she used were touchdown, interception, and five yards. Anyone with even a basic understanding of American football should know what they mean. The rest is a discussion of various players and the Titans recent adoption of an old-school type uniform.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 05:49:55 PM »
Well my Raiders looked like poo for most of their game which is kind of what I expected. They have improved but they aren't ready to take on the better teams in the league and right now San Diego has far more talent than they do. We too had an opportunity to score from the 1 yard line and blew it because Culpepper was sacked twice. If they had managed to score there it would have been 14-14 going into halftime and 21-21 very late in the 4th quarter.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 06:34:07 PM »
I saw a graffiti picture where the Jets logo (which looks like a football) was sailing though a clumsy Jet player's fingers.

;D
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »
right now San Diego has far more talent than they do.

Wow. That bad?

Has anyone surpassed the Bengals yet from their position of Leader of the Losers?
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 06:41:50 PM »
right now San Diego has far more talent than they do.

Wow. That bad?

Has anyone surpassed the Bengals yet from their position of Leader of the Losers?

I'd say both Miami and Atlanta are worse than the Bengals atm.

Also, the only significant change in San Diego from a year ago is that they brought in Norv Turner and new assistant coaches. They still have a great deal of talent on that team including the best RB, TE and LB in the league. I knew Norv would start them on a slide towards mediocrity but there's too much talent on that team for them not to reach the playoffs IMO.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:44:06 PM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney