General Discussion > Unwashed Village

Getting The Gang Back Together For 76?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Dessert Ranger:
I'd be down.
As for the Collector's edition, I may need to pass this time. 200 dollary doos for a helmet is a bit much

Hoopy Frood:

--- Quote from: Sandru on June 14, 2018, 03:56:54 PM ---
Not bad for the price of the 1080 with how bad the prices are getting due to bitcoin mining

--- End quote ---

Bitcoin isn't the problem anymore, since ASIC rigs are cheaper and faster at mining Bitcoins due to the type blockchain technology Bitcoin employs.

Ethereum is the big culprit these days. And from what I understand ASIC style rigs don't support the type of blockchain Ethereum and its ilk use, so GPU's (especially AMD) are still being used for that.

The Hanged Man:
I'm ordering the collector's edition, because I am are an idiot! :D

Oh and I'm getting it for PS4. Shame that Sony and Microsoft are dicks and don't do crossystem matching most of the time. :S

Chucara:
I might be in (on PC). I'll wait and see a review or comments from you guys first :)

KMD:

--- Quote from: Hoopy Frood on June 13, 2018, 06:04:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Brother None on June 12, 2018, 05:50:39 PM ---Aw crap. I forgot that we are in the age of multiple platforms. I'll be on Xbox.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, if I get this, it'll be for steam. I recently changed jobs and used my unused vacation to buy a sweet new gaming rig that Liz and I put togehter. (I wasn't planning on going for a GTX 1080 originally, but I was able to snag one for $615 (US) which put it pretty much the best deal I was going to find for a graphics card for the quality. (Fuck Ethereum in the ear!) And since I got a GPU that supported 4K, I naturally had to get a monitor that did so as well. So after paying more than I originally planned, I have a rig that can run pretty much any game out there at full graphics capability.

BTW, welcome back. I find it interesting that of the three of us posting in this thread, I'm the newest member of the UV.

--- End quote ---

Cyptocurrency or not, it sucks that graphics cards are still so expensive. I remember when a top end card was $500 in like 2006, back in the Golden Era of 3D PC gaming. I figured by now they'd be a lot cheaper.

I'll probably get it on Xbox One.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version