General Discussion > Unwashed Village

Getting The Gang Back Together For 76?

<< < (5/8) > >>

Dessert Ranger:
I wanted to throw in my ten cents about something that I liked most about Fallout and those are the unique and interesting Factions, some of which are nice and original in 76, but they aren't really factions if you think about it, since you can join them all with no restrictions or consequences. Since there are no NPCs, these aren't really factions but just remnants, which is boring af.

So you got some original factions made for the game:
The Responders - Makes sense for Public Service careers, such as Police and Firefighters, banding together to protect people or ensure that the world doesn't suck too much. Think of Minutemen from FO4 but not a silly twist of a real life organization that doesn't really have much connection to its real life counterpart. But, of course, they don't exist really in game, so there's that.

The Free States - Interesting way to answer what the doomsday preppers were doing in the Fallout Universe, but their early story of being a separatist organization for West Virginia is interesting too. That's pretty much it, they started a home base at Harper's Ferry then all died. Great.

Then old factions that somehow find their way into the game:

Enclave - I think the Enclave's existence in the game is the most understandable. The re-writing of their origins as a Cabal that controlled the Pre-War US is a (in my mind) cool change, since it kind of makes sense. But I think if we remember, the only reason they are called the Enclave is some communication error when the game devs switched to Bethesda. But, of course, it's gotta be like Fallout 3, so you got an AI controlling the faction again.

Brotherhood of Steel - This faction had a lot of flak with its presence in 76, and I still think the existence is a little cheesy. First of all, they seem to have outfits from Fallout 4 which I feel is a little wacky imo. Now the story is that Roger Maxson founded the Brotherhood, then some how got into radio contact with an army unit that his friend was in command of (Kind of curious as to why the Enclave wouldn't do this, but whatever) and then they became a weird detachment of the Brotherhood existing in WV. Then they all died, and no one talked about them anymore, very cool.

Anyway, sorry for spoilers, but I figured that the spoilers won't really hurt anyone's experience

The Hanged Man:
I made an hour long video about Fallout 76, I think it's the longest I've ever done.

Dessert Ranger:

--- Quote from: The Hanged Man on April 30, 2019, 12:33:20 AM ---I made an hour long video about Fallout 76, I think it's the longest I've ever done.

--- End quote ---
Link? :O

KMD:

--- Quote from: The Hanged Man on April 30, 2019, 12:33:20 AM ---I made an hour long video about Fallout 76, I think it's the longest I've ever done.

--- End quote ---

About how bad it is, right?

Hoopy Frood:
Fallout 76:  The suck that keeps on sucking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version