Author Topic: I'm disappointed...  (Read 4557 times)

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
I'm disappointed...
« on: March 22, 2018, 12:27:34 AM »
It's been a few months and no Soul Calibur VI hype? What happened to you guys? You used to be cool! :<

I'm actually quite optimistic for it, despite how disappointed I was with V. Though I do admit, I appreciate it a lot more than I did, when it first came out. If the gameplay is as good as SC V but has the many features of SC III, then I'll be super happy! ^.^

I was kind of looking forward to seeing where the future would take us but I do miss the old roster dearly and don't ind returning to them. I was hoping that SC VI would give us Patrokalus' death, given that I hate him so much. Maybe I can kill Sophitia before the events of Soul Calibur I and prevent the little brat from ever existing!  >:D

Hoping that Voldo is good for our resident Voldo player.

(Also, holy sheet! It's just occurred to me that the last Soul Calibur game came out, the first time I started actively posting on this board!)
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm disappointed...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 04:56:56 AM »
I've never played any of the Soul Calibur games. I guess I've never been cool.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 12:03:14 AM »
I've never played any of the Soul Calibur games. I guess I've never been cool.

You have that excuse at least, so you're cool for now. :P

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 12:06:26 AM »
I'm more excited for Kingdom Hearts 3, you know, an actual good game.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 06:08:56 PM »
I'm more excited for Kingdom Hearts 3, you know, an actual good game.

I've got more hours out of Soul Calibur 2 than KH 1/2/BBS combined.  ;D

Kingdom Hearts 3 has taken so long to come out, I'm really struggling to care about it. I was twelve when I completed KH2 and I remember barely anything of it.

The PSP game was the best RPG on that console but even that's a fleeting memory as that was nearly ten years ago.

Kind of not getting the whole 'SC isn't a good game' thing though, like, I'm the first person to complain about the last two installments, given that they both ached for content but the gameplay, visuals and character creation are without peer.

Honestly, combining SC4 and SC5, you'd get a game on par with what the games used to be and I hope that SC VI will be that bit of perfection. SC II-III were masterpieces, so they are capable of being fantastic, they just need to get their shit together and actually make something that takes more than a weekend to beat.

SC VI is going to be a make or break thing for me, it'll either be the game that makes me give up on all Namco Bandai products or the game that saves them. So, I'm actually very interested in how it'll turn out.

Given that Tekken 7 was wank, in terms of delivering actual content, it really is make or break for me.

I'll probably buy KH3 but even if the game is outright terrible, it really wouldn't affect me at this point.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 06:28:25 PM by The Hanged Man »