Author Topic: Vacation/Holiday  (Read 3201 times)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Vacation/Holiday
« on: July 06, 2015, 04:25:09 PM »
Is anyone going on a vacation or holiday this year?
Even something small?
Tell us about it!
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Re: Vacation/Holiday
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 05:05:41 PM »
Due to taking classes and working this summer, I probably won't get the chance to take a "real summer vacation". I wouldn't quite call it a vacation, but this past spring I went to South Carolina for a few days to see my sister graduate from Marines boot camp. It was nice but rained most of the time. I spent St. Patrick's day weekend in Savannah Georgia, an eccelctic old southern town which I thought was really beautiful, and wish I could have spent more time in. We drove there, about 12 hours each way, and the views through the Smokey mountains of Tennessee were incredible and I wish I would have taken better pictures! (everything else was pretty boring save for the island resorts near our hotel). Overall a good trip though.

One thing I will definitely do this year is go to Six Flags theme park. I've been saying for 3 years I would go, and something always comes up. I really love theme parks, especially Six Flags, something about losing myself in the atmosphere, letting your imagination go even though its all a charade. Knowing that the only decision you need to make next is which ride to get on next, and when you do it becomes larger than life. It reminds me of being a kid again I guess, where everything is incredibly exciting but also reminds that I've never been to Disney World, and that i'm probably too old now.

Oh, and next year my vacation will take place in Japan for 2 weeks. Exciting huh?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:08:32 PM by KMD »
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 05:56:00 AM »
I'll be going to Machu Picchu around Labor Day.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 05:49:58 AM »
Going to Canada for War of 1812 Reenacting and West Virginia for a Scout High Adventure.

Fun
But it'll help