Author Topic: What games have you been playing latly?  (Read 43122 times)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Re: What games have you been playing latly?
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2017, 01:34:19 PM »
With the awful past couple of years we've had for games, 2017 is shaping up to be quite a fantastic one! Many new games coming out this fall, I surely won't have the time or motivation to play them all. Still dreaming about getting a Switch for that Zelda and Mario goodness.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2017, 04:31:59 PM »
Gotta play myself some Cuphead
But it'll help

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2017, 05:55:44 AM »
Quite a few!

Uhm, let's see.  As far as new games, right now I'm playing Evil Within 2, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Super Mario Odyssey.

I'm also playing Invisible, Inc., Dungeon of the Endless, and XCOM 2:WOTC, but I'm kind of always playing those three, so they don't count.  Oh, and Overwatch, I replaced League with Overwatch.

Uhm, going back a few weeks . . . I played Middle Earth: Shadow of War, it was better than the first one, but still annoying.  Besides that . . . some indie stuff, but I can't really remember the name of anything I specifically played recently, so none of it was probably that interesting.  I've also been rereading Tad Williams' Otherland series, which I first read like 20 years ago.  It's nuts; 20 years I go I was like "THIS GUY KNOWS WHAT THE FUTURE IS GONNA BE", and now, I'm like, "Shit.  He wasn't far off."

I tried to get into Elite: Dangerous, but while it looked super cool, I didn't think I could spare enough time to get good at it.

I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2018, 02:03:23 AM »
I've been hooked on Crusader Kings 2.

You'd think after chopping off a guy's arms, legs, penis and then proceeding to slice his nose off and then plucking out one of his eyes... you'd think that he'd finally get the message that plotting to kill your son isn't the smartest of ideas.

I should've killed him at this point but in all honesty, I kept him around as a work of art. I figured I'd wheel him out, whenever the in-laws came over.
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2018, 06:41:26 AM »
I've been hooked on Crusader Kings 2.

You'd think after chopping off a guy's arms, legs, penis and then proceeding to slice his nose off and then plucking out one of his eyes... you'd think that he'd finally get the message that plotting to kill your son isn't the smartest of ideas.

I should've killed him at this point but in all honesty, I kept him around as a work of art. I figured I'd wheel him out, whenever the in-laws came over.

CK2 is an amazing game with amazing stories to experience. My friends played once and one of them became immortal, lost and then REGREW his penis at least five times.

As for me, we played a game where we made Jewish characters in the Middle East trying to recreate the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Anyway, my first guy became obsessed with astronomy and built an observatory, which eventually lead him to a cave in the desert. What did he find? The Fucking Necronomicon. So that was neat, made him smart but drove him to insanity which lead to his death. Welcome to CK2
But it'll help

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2018, 07:19:23 PM »
I'm not too keen on survival horror really, but I just finished Resident Evil 7 & The Evil Within, now working on The Evil Within 2
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2018, 04:55:33 AM »
I put a few days into far cry five and I am super butthurt about it.

Maybe other people will be into it, I'm not trying to hate.  All I am saying is that if anyone wants to jaw jack about far cry five, I have some opinions.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2018, 05:16:46 AM »
I put a few days into far cry five and I am super butthurt about it.

Maybe other people will be into it, I'm not trying to hate.  All I am saying is that if anyone wants to jaw jack about far cry five, I have some opinions.
I am intrigued. Far Cry has been a series I never took the chance to get into and I've decided I was going to play the second one to get into it.  But I would like to hear your thoughts on it
But it'll help

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2018, 09:52:28 AM »
Crusader Kings 2 is straight up free on Steam right now, so people who advocate for it should advocate hard.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2018, 11:23:09 PM »
I snagged the Grand Theft Auto collection on Steam for cheap recently and have been playing GTA 3. Its one of those games that I have only dabbled in, but have been wanting to complete for a long time.

Its one of the most important 3D games of all time, but also has many flaws (you can't jump out of moving cars, there is no full in game map etc.). As a fan of the series, I started with GTA 2 and finished all the main 3D games. I'm mostly through, and definitely appreciate it as a stepping stone from 2D to 3D. Some things were brought over from the first 2 games, like the story focus on gangs fighting for control of the city, that aren't in the later games much if at all.

I was VERY impressed by GTA V at first, but could only get about half way through before getting tired of it. The characters were overly dramaticized, and the missions very drawn out while scolding you for failing. You compared this to GTA 3, where the player character has no dialogue, is never named in game (not a compliment though), and failing a mission just keeps the game going with no pause, giving you the choice to go back and restart if you want to or just drive off to do something else. As the series got more successful, it lost its arcady roots. Its like the difference between an 80 minute comedy and a 3 hour drama.

Also had been playing State of Decay 2 on Xbox. Its pretty neat. Like a combination of Fallout 3 and Dead Rising.

Killmod/Jesse

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2018, 11:14:44 PM »
Crypt of the Necrodancer all day, every day.
But it'll help

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2018, 04:27:52 AM »
Pillars of Eternity 2:  Deadfire
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2018, 06:02:13 AM »
I also got No Man's Sky after the massive update. It's okay now I guess lol
But it'll help

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2019, 08:55:20 AM »
A lady that I really like is also really into Crusader Kings 2.  Sadly, I am too stupid for that particular game. 
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out

brujahonly

• Tangerine Target
  • Behind the schedule for freakin zombie-apocalypse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2019, 09:10:42 AM »
Pillars of Eternity 2:  Deadfire

Have you tried the turn based mod already? Is it any good?