Author Topic: whats everyone been up to?  (Read 2990 times)

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
whats everyone been up to?
« on: June 01, 2014, 10:59:26 PM »
Well, in the past few weeks my job has been a clusterfuck of reorganization.... but hey, its over now! And I still have a job. Its amazing how a store rebranding, mass exodus of workers AND several firing happened all at once!

However for once after the inital cluster things are looking up, I'm actually able to take time off and get noted for doing my damn job.

I've also neally gotten around to getting my reloading kit put together, which is nice, and if I can get that figured out (and keep materials in stock) I think I may finally be able to potenially get started IDPA shooting or perhaps some other local competion shooting since in theory I can actually do so and afford it.

Also my brother and I have been working on our brewing, and he has a friend who is interested in perhaps working on a small commercial brewery/bar with us, so that could be cool!

Anything interesting going on in your lives?
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
Re: whats everyone been up to?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 08:13:28 AM »
I built a summer house in the garden a month or so ago, we're going to put soil on the roof and plant up some wild flowers etc. bit disappointed by the general fit ofthe thing, particularly the roof... The roof has been leaking horribly so out came the ladder, clout nails and some heavy duty pond liner, just as I was on the final run the inevitable happened and I fell off the ladder, well on the ladder and bent it. Nothing broken though and we had a huge downpour that proved it was indeed waterproof.

Apart from that it's working at my great job and days at the beach with my wife and the smalls.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 09:25:44 AM »
We just contacted a realtor and will be looking for a house soon.

I published a (free) knitting pattern at the beginning of May and need to reset my paypal password to set it up for the paid patterns I'm finishing up. I started a quilt design but need to get working on a sock patterm first.

Also work sucks
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 03:02:54 AM »
Nothing much new on my end.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 01:08:57 AM »
Still living with the rents. We share 2 cars between 4 people who work, so most days I end up chauffering them between jobs in my 27 year old Volvo.

After having a near fatal heart attack in December,  my dad has made a swift recovery and has joined and a gym and improved his diet. For this i'm very thankful.

For the last few months, I've been happily dating someone I met through an online dating site. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it though, I think I just got lucky.

After over 3 years on hiatus, I plan on going back to college in the fall. Hopefully I can finish within 2 years.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:37:50 PM by KMD »
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse