Author Topic: Saturday Morning Watchmen  (Read 2634 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Saturday Morning Watchmen
« on: March 06, 2009, 03:21:24 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w">Saturday Morning Watchmen</a>

Alan Moore's beard is twitching in anger.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Morning Watchmen
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 07:30:26 AM »
Too funny.  What's the original intro they painted over?  I could actually see there being a movie tie-in series if they did this movie a few years ago.  If Toxic Avenger got one, anything is fair game.  If they got the Justice League Unlimited crew to helm the project and it aired late night on HBO, that could kick all kinds of ass.  Before I found out they were making a movie, I thought maybe a 6-12 part live action miniseries, two hours per episode, might do it justice.  Just so long as we're not talking about the Canadian Watchmen.

Though British, non-Rorschach-masked Rorschach might be interesting.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:35:26 AM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 07:38:07 AM »
Too funny.  What's the original intro they painted over?  I could actually see there being a movie tie-in series if they did this movie a few years ago.  If Toxic Avenger got one, anything is fair game.  If they got the Justice League Unlimited crew to helm the project and it aired late night on HBO, that could kick all kinds of ass.  Before I found out they were making a movie, I thought maybe a 6-12 part live action miniseries, two hours per episode, might do it justice.  Just so long as we're not talking about the Canadian Watchmen.

I'm getting the feeling that it's a non paintover(eg. Nothing like the Democratic SuperDuperFriends).

Although I did pick up a Ninja Turtles parody...

Nite Owl loves to party down...

vs

Michelangelo's a party dude.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 08:50:31 PM »
The year is 2075. Alan Moore is rolling in his grave.