Author Topic: :ahem: It's that thread again  (Read 25702 times)

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
Re: :ahem: It's that thread again
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 10:43:16 PM »
Everyone is drunk in the UK kids, women, men, old people even hamsters!

I didn't even know a law on drinking existed in the UK...
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 02:29:28 AM »

P.S. The Legal Drinking age in the U.S. is 21 years

It's actually state-by-state, but all states happen to adhere to the same standard.

In Texas, you can actually drink in public as a minor as long as you are with your parents and they give consent.

http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002591

PS: The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission sent a speaker to my health class in the 9th grade and told us this. I then told my parents, and they still to this day do not believe me.

PPS: I'm a huge nerd and drank the first time on my 21st birthday.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »
The way I understand it, in the U.S. there are no federal restrictions on the age of consumption or possession.

And there is no law strictly restricting the age of purchase. However, any state that does not restrict the age of purchase to 21 will lose some federal funding. (It used to be they lost all federal road funds, but I don't know if that's still true. They may lose other funds as well.)

So it's up to the states to set consumption/possession regulations, and some like Illinois restrict it to 21 across the board. Others like Wisconsin allow consumption if the underage person is with a spouse or parent/guardian of legal purchase age.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 10:31:58 PM »
The way I understand it, in the U.S. there are no federal restrictions on the age of consumption or possession.

And there is no law strictly restricting the age of purchase. However, any state that does not restrict the age of purchase to 21 will lose some federal funding. (It used to be they lost all federal road funds, but I don't know if that's still true. They may lose other funds as well.)

So it's up to the states to set consumption/possession regulations, and some like Illinois restrict it to 21 across the board. Others like Wisconsin allow consumption if the underage person is with a spouse or parent/guardian of legal purchase age.

That reminds me. I don't think I've seen your shameful self post in this thread drunk yet. Get on it!
 :D
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »
That reminds me. I don't think I've seen your shameful self post in this thread drunk yet. Get on it!
 :D

I have posted drunk many a time on this board.

The problem is, I'm a very coherent drunk typist.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Xerxes

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Wielder of the Xcutsel Widget
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 08:21:53 PM »
And more fool them!

That said, I do agree with the chaps above who have said that a true drunk post must cause you to double-take the next day.

I challenge anyone here to beat my worst one (and we all know what that is).
I am thinking of changing my title to "He who must only be mentioned in passing".

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 12:10:37 PM »
We must rectify that situation and have a party at the Bastard Bar. BC, you know I'm good for a drunk and non drunk sexist rant.  :laugh:
Hope you had a good birthday TK. Sorry I missed it. I've been away from the village for a bit.

I'm baaaaack! ;D
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 03:38:28 PM »
Welcome back Tink.  I had a pretty non-eventful birthday at home with the wife and kids, not working for a change, thanks for asking.  *whispers* I think you meant KMD :) 

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 03:20:29 AM »
I've tried a few times to perform another drunk post, but I keep failing to get drunk.
You'd think half a $50 bottle of scotch would do it.  I think the problem is that I spend hours drinking it, but really, a scotch like that, it'd be a crime to rush it.

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 09:46:46 AM »
I once tried drinking while texting but it was on a phone with predictive text... it looked something like

"Soothing Shiv face! You own me money! Paid up or elze"
So that was a bad idea...
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 01:09:23 AM »
Oh c'mon guys, Roshambo and Thanatos could do waaaaaaaaaaay better than that at drunken posts. Hell, I could for that matter. lol!

Where the hell is the UV spirit?? Everbody to the bastard bar! Hey, ya never know who might be hangin from the chandelier again. Who knows....maybe H@adbyte will pop in with a new chair and shock everyone!
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 03:39:55 AM »
I dont drink very often really, but I'll add to the discourse.... Here in NC you can buy beer and wine from most grocery stores, gas stations, and random lemonade stands that happened to be licesenced for such things, but in order to get anything harder then a fairly potent Ale or beer, one has to go to the "ABC" store, or Alcoholic Beverage Control store.... because tahts what our state decided to do after prohibition ended, and its stayed that way since... now its turned into cute little county controlled booze fiefdoms run by morons who try and "make money for the county/town/city/township/ETC" while also wasting tax money SELLING BOOZE TO THE POPULOUS THEY TAX.  Its quite possibly the dumbest thing about the whole deal.

It IS however HILARIOUS when people from out of state wonder why the gas station wont sell them aristocrate and the like, and then have to go to a state/local goverment run booze store.
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 05:04:57 AM »
So what's your cheap ass drink of choice UV?

I like to have a couple of mates over and buy an 18 pack of miller high life for 9 bucks.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »
As odd as it sounds, my "cheap ass" ideal of something to drink is more along "what can I afford that I enjoy the flavor of while it is still alcoholic"

I prefer a nice Dark ale or Hard cider myself. Guiness is where its at aswell. Ive also devopled a taste for Sake in recent years, nothing like having 5-7 people all sitting around a 2.5 liter bottle of sake drinking it out of those little tiny sake cups  :laugh:

Never had miller high life though. Had a coors light once, to much like alco-water  *BLah*
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »
When I was a student the corner shop used to sell carlsberg export bottles for about 65p with a 20p redemption on the bottles.  £20 each got my flatmate and I very very drunk.  It was weak beer but after a few trips with the redemption we were more than merry.

I love Guiness but it's a killer if you get a badly poured one, I've had nights where I've not been particularly drunk but I've been really sick because of bad Guiness.