Author Topic: I've been awake for 31 hours!  (Read 4706 times)

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
I've been awake for 31 hours!
« on: September 05, 2009, 05:04:06 PM »
Isn't that fascinating!?

No, no it really isn't.  It's pointless minutiae!  It's not even interesting pointless minutiae, 'cause I don't have a funny reason this time!  The only thing funny about it is that I lifted yesterday and now I'm sore and I haven't slept yet.  That's weird.  It's weird to lift weights and do some other stuff and then realize you're sore 'cause the lifting was yesterday.  Unfortunately, while it is weird, it's not funny or interesting.  Why?  Nobody cares!

You asshats really need to try to be more interesting.  I'm pretty much as abrasive and immature as possible at all times and I'm still holding threads - threads over a week old - in the top five.

Okay, here's the prompt for new threads- not replies, THREADS- in our lovely village.  Say something interesting.  Note: things about you aren't interesting just because they're about you.  Alternate:  Say something funny.  Note:  things about you aren't funny just 'cause they're about you.

Double note:  Whether you're going for interesting or funny, it needs to engage the reader.  EVERYONE LISTEN TO MY MASTURBATORY HABITS is actually pretty funny, but it won't get replies, 'cause there's nothing to say to that.  If you have to talk about your masturbatory habits, at least end on a question; what are your masturbatory habits?  Where do you dig up the skulls?

Here's the trick to forum posts, talking to women, and life in general.  Nerds, I'm particularly talking to you, particularly regarding facet #2.  Everything you say should be part 1 funny/interesting, part 2 prompt.  Note:  You're not a college acceptance board.  It shouldn't be a prompt for some boring shit you want to hear about.  "How big are your titties?" is not a prompt.  "Tell me some shit you want to talk about" is a prompt, if it's worded well.  Then, ideally, they tell you some shit they want to talk about in a funny or interesting way, then they use their part 2 to prompt you to talk about something you find interesting.  Of course, then it's your responsibility to talk about the shit that you find interesting in a way that OTHER PEOPLE FIND INTERESTING.  Note that prompts aren't necessarily in the form of a question (obviously).  Statements are fine, exclamations are less fine but still okay, run-on sentences are not acceptable.

This has been drunken Thanatos' relationship corner.  I don't know if you should listen to me, I haven't been laid for like three months.  Then again I kiss a lot of girls!  The morale of the story:  You don't care that I've been awake for 31 hours.  You care about the stuff that I said that might conceivably apply to you.  Think about it!
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: I've been awake for 31 hours!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 11:05:43 PM »
I came back from vacation in Hawaii once after saying up about 36 hours. I kept hearing my phone ring and a baby crying somewhere when I got back home. I knew the sounds weren't there but I still heard them.

There is the possibility of a baby crawling into my apartment with a cell phone while remaining out of sight.

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:57:57 AM »
i made a cake, my pan failed, cake is good though.

my weekend has been a mix of good, sad and utter and complete crap.

i wish i had frosting for said cake
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 06:54:47 AM »
I came back from vacation in Hawaii once after saying up about 36 hours.

You went on vacation to where you once used to live? Or was this before?
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »
Got nuthin.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

PsychoPompos

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 05:44:51 PM »
It's around 31 hours that my internal clock shuts off. 
I'm not tired after that no matter how long i'm awake, the delusions are amazing.
Man I Am Starting to Hate Conjunctions...
"Not really.It's kind of stringy. There are much better meats out there"

And the thunder said,
Datta, Dayadhvam, Damyata

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 09:06:16 PM »
I came back from vacation in Hawaii once after saying up about 36 hours.

You went on vacation to where you once used to live? Or was this before?

Went to vacation in Kauai in 2001, decided I loved it so much that I should live there. Put the Jeep and my stuff on a boat in 2002.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »
one thing I like about you Than, is that even while drunk and having been awake far to long, you use a word like minutiae.

also, you are wrong...after reading your thread the only thing I was curious about was WHY you'd been awake for 31 hours.
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 05:01:01 AM »
College is f**king awesome (Except for working your ass off all night to finish projects)

In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »
I find working all night great fun. Possibly because it often involves large amounts of beer and/or whiskey, which tends to make my reports contain large sections of red pen saying things as "I'm guessing you're at four shots here" and "Really, next time you write a report, pelase be sober, I have no clue why you're talking about ferrets"

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 11:00:39 AM »
also, you are wrong...after reading your thread the only thing I was curious about was WHY you'd been awake for 31 hours.

Hahah, I told you it was no interesting reason!  I've just been spinning through life a bit recently, bending it a bit.  I didn't think I could sleep, so I didn't bother to try.

I'm gettin' tired of metaphorically spinning in place though.  I think it's time to go out and take something.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now