Author Topic: Apparently Bin Laden wasn't all bad....  (Read 2729 times)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Apparently Bin Laden wasn't all bad....
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:49:42 AM »
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?p=13753608

But for a full decade, we went from killing expendable Nazi scum in green fields to killing expendable Jihadist scum in beige deserts. That was refreshing.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: Apparently Bin Laden wasn't all bad....
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 06:24:32 AM »
There's a thread at Reddit asking if FPS can be set somewhere besides the Middle East now that Bin Laden is dead.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently Bin Laden wasn't all bad....
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
There's a thread at Reddit asking if FPS can be set somewhere besides the Middle East now that Bin Laden is dead.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has a few desert maps but also snow ones. They are all set in cities. The Vietnam expansion takes place entirely in Vietnam.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney