Author Topic: Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker *spoilers possible*  (Read 3505 times)

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker *spoilers possible*
« on: September 09, 2010, 09:17:30 PM »
Not sure how many of you play Mass Effect, but I'd figured I'd give it a shout. Just got this DLC the other day and it's definitely worth every penny you spend on it.  I hope future DLC is of this quality, it's really quite amazing given how short and simple the others were. They're supposedly doing more DLC to help bridge the gap between 2 and 3, here's hoping it's just as good as this one every time.

Leaving my first post spoiler free as a buffer, but all posts after will be spoilerific with reckless abandon. Only warning.

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker *spoilers possible*
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:21:29 PM »
Ah! Good to know. Quite frankly, I've gotten totally hooked on both of them, but I've yet to pay for any of the DLC's, since their quality seems to be a bit short and shaky, at least according to reviews. This is actually a storyline that I really want to see resolved!

Can't wait till ME3, either... I have three veteran commanders in line already, just waiting to see what kind of a mess they made during their earlier adventures. 

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 10:27:59 PM »
Thought I might be the only person with multiple play throughs, I've got 3 right now but about to do a 4th with another class/couple different selections for play throughs in ME3.

This DLC is I think the first where your decisions actually matter in ME3, so it's an important one. I highly suggest you do it AFTER you've done the suicide mission against the collector's through the Omega 4 Relay, it makes the most sense then.

Get the Kasumi's Stolen Memory DLC as well, it's short but well done (and doesn't cost as much as the Liara DLC,) and gives you a kick ass SMG upgrade + amazing squad member. Make sure other SMG using squad mates use it, cause they auto negate any of it's inaccuracies at range.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:30:07 PM by Sandru »

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 03:41:42 AM »
I've played both mass effects. Both as female and male. (The female Shepard is a better voice actor.)
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 03:55:35 AM »
I've played both mass effects. Both as female and male. (The female Shepard is a better voice actor.)

I don't think the male voice actor is so bad, though he can be a bit bland at times. He's definitely a better choice if you're going renegade, seems to do those lines better.