Author Topic: Blue Cross is in Trouble!!!  (Read 14920 times)

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
Blue Cross is in Trouble!!!
« on: September 09, 2010, 05:32:35 PM »
First time this spam trick was used on me - it (supposidly) came from Blue Cross:

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,sorry I did not inform you about my trip.I actually made a quick travel to Liverpool in (United Kingdom) and unfortunately attacked and mugged at gun point on the way to my hotel where i stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off but luckily for me is that i still have my passports with me.

I`ve been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and my return flight leaves anytime from now but I'm having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the bills.

Am freaked out at the moment and i need your help right away.

Dick

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: Blue Cross is in Trouble!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:42:33 PM »
Yeah, I thought it was real at first until I started questioning the situation.

Why don't they use the CC on file? Certainly this has happened before and they force the person to stay? Then I got the follow-up. BC wouldn't put me out by asking for $2,300.

Here's the followup I got:
'm so glad you replied back, I've been finding it difficult to make overseas calls from here and my cell got stolen at the scene of the robbery.It has really been embarrassing for me.I thought about having  it wired to my bank account but i can't find a branch of my financial institution anywhere close.There's a Western Union money transfer service very close to Heath row  Airport(that's where i'm flying from). I can receive it there within minutes right after you have wired the cash to my name. All i needed is $2,870 USD, you can have it  wired from any western union outlet around you. Here are the details needed to get it to me.

Reciever: Dick Jarvinen
Address:434 Queens Drive
City: West Derby,Liverpool, L13 0AR
United Kingdom

Kindly reply back once you are done sending the money with the western  union  MTCN confirmation number to pick up the money cos i still have my  passport as a means of verification to pick up the money. Let me know if you  are heading to the western union outlet now??
Hope to read from you soon.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 06:48:38 PM »
hehe i just had this conversation in msn after receiving mine :

lara says:
 it sounds like it was written by a nigerian for a start
 secondly if it was meant for me , why tell me where Liverpool is
eremos says:
 yeah I think your assessment seems accurate
 do you have any other way to reach him?
lara says:
 put it this way, a grown married man with grown kids wouldnt be emailing some random he met on a game forum 8 yrs ago, in broken english with 'tears in his eyes' lol - BUT more importantly, im REALLY tempted to reply and say 'omfg how can i helps u???' and string scammers along ...

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 06:54:46 PM »
My reply.
It's going to be tough for me to get all this money. I know you and your son Brugdor have been estranged since the soap incident but don't you think you could call him too?

What about your sister Lara? Doesn't she have contacts in Cardiff at Torchwood who might help you?

Let me know please.
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 06:57:20 PM »
I've replied asking how I can help :) The more I can inconvenience and bother them, thebetter. I googled the address, it's a convenience store, I called the number after blocking mine, and although it was answered, noone spoke, so I hung up - adventure and intrigue!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »
Actually i have contacted them and they are trying all they could do to help just let me know how much you'll wire to my name and do let me know the charges deducted from the western union and the amount you are sending .Please let me know if you are heading.

Friggin Torchwood. You can defeat aliens but you can't help a friend in trouble?

Here's my response.
Makes sense. I know Jack's been away for a bit and Gwen is busy with the baby.

The thing is I have to call my financial officier. I have a few day hold on anything over $2,000.00.

What about UNIT? Lara should have contact with them since she's familiar with Torchwood. They are good at helping people in trouble. If I can't get the money to you in time, are you ok with staying at the hotel you're at now. If they won't let you stay, I have a friend who owns a hotel.

His name is Basil and he said since you're a friend he'll let you stay and you can pay him back later.

Let me know if this works for you.

What's the least that you can get by if I can't get the money soon?

Chat with you soon.

-Jen

I figure American references would be better but I just felt like putting some English on this.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 07:44:21 PM »
Here's the followup I got:
'm so glad you replied back, I've been finding it difficult to make overseas calls from here and my cell got stolen at the scene of the robbery.It has really been embarrassing for me.I thought about having  it wired to my bank account but i can't find a branch of my financial institution anywhere close.There's a Western Union money transfer service very close to Heath row  Airport(that's where i'm flying from). I can receive it there within minutes right after you have wired the cash to my name. All i needed is $2,870 USD, you can have it  wired from any western union outlet around you. Here are the details needed to get it to me.

Reciever: Dick Jarvinen
Address:434 Queens Drive
City: West Derby,Liverpool, L13 0AR
United Kingdom

Kindly reply back once you are done sending the money with the western  union  MTCN confirmation number to pick up the money cos i still have my  passport as a means of verification to pick up the money. Let me know if you  are heading to the western union outlet now??
Hope to read from you soon.

i got the exact same thing when i sent a separate email asking if it was hax. (random note, last time i spoke with BC he said that he didnt use the account very much anymore and that was probably back in march.)
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 07:57:54 PM »
I emailed him asking him to call me collect and he said :

--- On Thu, 9/9/10, Dick Jarvinen <dickjarvinen@hotmail.com> wrote

Glad you replied back am sorry i can't call the mugger's took away all i had and i don't have access to phone that i need you to get me out of this mess .

Thanks for the concern

Well, no matter, I can come and meet you , I'm only 40 mins drive away from west derby and  i have satnav, whats the name of the hotel, i can be there in an hour -  Jen wants to help too, she just got a promotion, so between us we can sort out your hotel bill and flight and take you for dinner! Dont let this give you a bad impression of us Brits, Dick!

Love lara

Let's see how he gets out of a date with me and Jen :P

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »
I'm rather sad I didn't get a mail too :'(

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 08:25:52 PM »
Here's the latest:

The least the hotel require from me is $1,320 if you can get me this the hotel can still accept the condition .

I was looking at my bills and it's still a lot of money but you're a good friend. I don't want you to be stuck over there.

I just thought of something. Sara Jane is over there right now. I don't remember you ever speaking badly of her. Now that her doctor friend is out of her life, she should be able to give you her assistance.

Let me know what she has to say. Calling my financial officer right now.

How much can you spare for me?

I can spare about 200 Galleons (I have my bank account in another country hence no dollars). You can exchange them there for about $1500 or so in American or probably just in Pounds so you don't have to convert thrice.

Go to Gringotts Bank, have the bank manager G. Oblin contact me and I'll authorize the release of funds.

Chat with you soon.

-Jen

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »
Wish I had got something like this, I enjoy messing with scamers.

Keep posting what's going on, this is pretty funny lol

Just glad it's a hoax and BC isn't in this kinda trouble.

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »
Well he hasnt replied to me, which he obviously couldnt since he isnt actually Dick :P
But I expect an email tomorrow am claiming that he fell asleep, didnt get my mail till too late, and is now on way to Heathrow where he will collect the cash  - at which point I will inform him that my fiancĂ© is in London and will drop it off to him at the meeting place of his choice, with an extra $500 as a cheer-up gift from us both :)

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 09:22:35 PM »
Well he hasnt replied to me, which he obviously couldnt since he isnt actually Dick :P
But I expect an email tomorrow am claiming that he fell asleep, didnt get my mail till too late, and is now on way to Heathrow where he will collect the cash  - at which point I will inform him that my fiancĂ© is in London and will drop it off to him at the meeting place of his choice, with an extra $500 as a cheer-up gift from us both :)

Side note, amg Hi lara. Been a while since I've visited the coffee shop on MSN, if it still exists.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 09:31:17 PM »
We should thank the Scammer. This is the most activity the village has seen in a while!

Hope BC doesn't have any lasting issues from this.

---
Here's the latest
You can have the money sent to my name via western union outlet around you so that i can use my passport as an ID to pick it up please do something fast

I can't go to the Western Union outlet since I'm still ill from Spattergroit. Just have Mr. G. Oblin contact me at Gringotts and I'll authorize the transfer.

Chat soon,

Jen

Okay,you can have the money wire to me via( westernunion.com) with your credit card you will have to follow their instruction it easier way.

I only have a limit of 10 Galleons a day on it. You'd have to be there for 20 days although you could stay with Basil at hotel but then you'd have a lot of money to pay when you get back home.

Contact Sara Jane and see what she has to say. She's got a K-9 level bank account herself and should be able to help you if I cannot.

Just go to Gringotts and I'll authorize the money. Use my cell: 867-5309

Chat with you soon,

Jen

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 09:32:06 PM »
hiya sandru  - yes coffeeshop on irc is still alive and kicking!

by the way, I clicked on Full Headers on the email, and found these :

X-Originating-IP:           [65.55.90.104]-- first one
X-Originating-IP:           [41.155.65.178] -- second one

Location - Lagos, Nigeria lol

Who'da thunk it??