Author Topic: Local boy with cancer turns into a superhero for a day  (Read 2177 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
Re: Local boy with cancer turns into a superhero for a day
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 08:30:12 AM »
Local boy with cancer turns into a superhero for a day

Nice story.  :)

I kind of feel bad, but when I first read the headline for this topic, I immediately thought of "Pusher" from the X-Files before, (and I must stress BEFORE), I clicked the link. Does that mean I'm tactless and cold-hearted, a nerd, or a tactless and cold-hearted nerd?

Youtube Vid

I love Dr. Dark's IV Drip of Evil, (REAL villains don't need to chemically supplement their evil, but I salute their appearing on the stadium's Jumbo-Tron. Some things never go out of style.)  I do have to question Spider-Man's judgment in leaving the capture of TWO super-villains in the hands of a 13-year-old boy, (I mean, maybe, MAYBE if it was Robin or Bucky or something).  I know Spidey's on the East Coast and I can't realistically expect him to hop a plane over here at a moment's notice, but has he never heard of a little group called The West Coast Avengers? They're still around right?  I'm sure that the likes of Mockingbird (EDIT: Nevermind, she's dead.), Wonder Man, Tigra, US Agent, Moon Knight... uh... Maybe Spider-Man had the right idea.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:02:28 AM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"