Author Topic: Beauty and the Beast  (Read 5608 times)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Beauty and the Beast
« on: January 19, 2010, 03:18:01 AM »
so i'm watching disney's beauty and the beast. i know the concept is supposed to be that everyone who was on the castle grounds was turned into some sort of object relating to their profession. what happened to the utensils that were there before? are there infinate numbers of workers that have fused with the objects they work with, or have the workers turned into the objects and the inanimate objects gained some mobility?

be our guest is confusing me.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: Beauty and the Beast
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 04:49:27 AM »
so i'm watching disney's beauty and the beast. i know the concept is supposed to be that everyone who was on the castle grounds was turned into some sort of object relating to their profession. what happened to the utensils that were there before? are there infinate numbers of workers that have fused with the objects they work with, or have the workers turned into the objects and the inanimate objects gained some mobility?

I think you're really over-analyzing things here.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:56:46 AM »

Shouldn't some of the food be singing too?
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

JC

• Wasteland Denizen
  • My Being is Zorg!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 05:58:24 AM »
Why didn't I think of this?  I had typed out a complete response and then deleted, surprised that I had actually bothered thinking enough to type out a complete response.  It took almost all the forks and knives in my kitchen to really figure it out.  The real answer will shock you.

I think you're really over-analyzing things here.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 07:32:40 AM »
over analizing is what i do. so it could be possible. jc, i'd love to read the full response.

but part of htis was also spurred by the thought that in most versions of the fairy tale hte servants are invisible rather than transformed.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 07:53:08 AM »
I always thought it would be delightfully creepy to have the humans carry over their characteristics from when they were inanimate objects.

Poor candle...

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 12:24:41 AM »

Shouldn't some of the food be singing too?

Singing and dancing plates, cups, and silverware is bad enough. Singing food is just wrong. I mean how could anyone really eat something that was just singing to them.

I reminded of the cow from Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 06:51:12 PM »
I just feel bad for Chip, the teacup. When he gets turned back into a human, is he going to have a skull fracture or something? Poor Chip. :worried:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:53:38 PM by Loveshack »

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 08:43:58 PM »
I just feel bad for Chip,

that kinda reminds me. is mrs. potts his mother, his adoptive mother, or what. she looks/sounds like she's at an age where she's waiting for grandchildren rather than raising a ten year old

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 09:26:07 PM »
that kinda reminds me. is mrs. potts his mother, his adoptive mother, or what. she looks/sounds like she's at an age where she's waiting for grandchildren rather than raising a ten year old

Well, I did think about that, but then you have to consider what a person's average lifespan was back in the Middle Ages. Mrs. Potts is probably about 35 years old. Or maybe she has a drinking problem that has prematurely aged her like Hans Moleman.

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 05:35:16 AM »
One has to wonder: maybe some of the staff DID turn into food..... Some times the place seemed pretty empty, atleast from my likely damanged memory of this movie....its been forever.
I imagine it to eventually result in some leper hoards of food items until they were destroyed and/or eaten by something else. now that wold be creepy.
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 10:45:52 AM »
*twitch*

You guys... *twitch* are hurting my brains *twitch*

*twitch*

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 09:35:58 PM »
I just feel bad for Chip, the teacup. When he gets turned back into a human, is he going to have a skull fracture or something? Poor Chip. :worried:

Yep! And that dresser's going to have clothes in her stomach.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 06:19:41 PM »
Yep! And that dresser's going to have clothes in her stomach.

And weren't some of the clothes alive, too?

It's gonna' be like a combination of Alien, Scanners, Slither and when one of the Storms exploded in Big Trouble in Little China! :stunned:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:24:12 PM by Loveshack »

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 08:28:29 AM »