Author Topic: I'm bored, so, theme songs!  (Read 3368 times)

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
I'm bored, so, theme songs!
« on: November 22, 2009, 09:01:08 AM »
Do you guys have a theme song?  I've had one or another ever since puberty or thereabouts.  You know, you're about to do something that makes you nervous, you need to psyche yourself up, so you have a song that makes you feel invincible.  I sing mine to myself before I ask girls out!  And it always works.  ALWAYS.

lara linked me me current theme song a while ago!  It's perfect.  It made me lust after her even harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30w8DyEJ__0

Is that perfect or what?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:02:44 AM by Thanatos »
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: I'm bored, so, theme songs!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:01:40 PM »
it used to be the who's acid queen, not so sure anymore. probably a cross between behind blue eyes and bowling for soup's shut up and smile.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 12:36:00 AM »
Yes I do!

---------

Jen!
Jen is excitement
Ooh, Jen!
Jen is adventure
Ooh
Glamour and glitter
Fashion and fame

Jen
Jen, is truly outrageous
Truly, truly, truly outrageous

Whoa, Jen
Jen, the music's contagious
Outrageous!
Jen is my name, no one else is the same
Jen is my name

But we're the Misfits, our songs are better
We are the Misfits, the Misfits
And we're gonna get her

Jen
Jen, the music's contagious
Outrageous!
Jen is my name, no one else is the same
Jen is my name
Jen!
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »
Hmm, I have always wished that I had a theme song. 

I think it's awesomely wonderful that you do that, Than. And now I shall imagine you - say, on a busy street filled with daytime shoppers - walking along minding your own business.  When out of the corner of your eye you spot a pretty gal!  You then break off into a musical like song and dance, but no one around you seems to notice or care, and of course you dance around the pretty girl in question, psyching yourself up to talk to her but again, cause it's a musical, the gal doesn't notice to until you break out of song and say hi in a speaking voice.

Yeah, *nods* that is how I shall see it any time you mention a new gal. :D

For myself, I do not have a song that is a theme song for anything. But I do have two poems I say to myself, almost mantra style - when I am stressed, in pain, or scared.

Winken, Blinken and Nod seems to be the one that I say over and over in my mind when I am stressed or in pain. (example - sitting in the dentist chair getting a cavity filled)

The Raven is one I recite to myself when I am bored, scared, or simply need to distract my mind from over thinking a situation.  (I started this one when I was 12 and had to walk a mile to the road to catch the bus. It was pitch black outside and we lived in the middle of the wilderness in Alaska)
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 04:01:10 AM »
My psyche-up song is the theme from Cowboy Bebop.  Always have to watch out when that's on while I'm driving - hard not to go faster.

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 06:41:53 PM »
Now, don't get this the wrong way, but it used to be Smack my Bitch Up by Prodigy. That song certainly served me well in the past, but unfortunately they don't play it these days in discoes and such, so my mojo is mostly gone. For added effect the banned video served as a reminder of how not to act.

Nowadays the theme song is propably Vodka by Korpiklaani.